Same old Malfoy

Halfblood prince

"No Harry I don't think so." Hermione chimes in.
We are on the train to Hogwarts to begin another year, and no one expects it to be normal but I hope I can get at least a bit more time with Serenity this year.
"Wait am I lost?" Ron says.
"You and me both." I say bumping his shoulder.
"Harry here believes Malfoy is now a death eater like Serenity, and that they are up to something again." Hermione explains.
"Harry I already told you she said she regrets all of it, I don't really believe she would attempt to try anything again." I say.
"She didn't kill Sirius when she was told to. I know that for sure. I don't think it's Serenity we have to worry about this year Neville." Harry says.
"You think Draco is going to try something?" I ask.
Harry nods.

Ron looks over at me with a sympathetic look. I know he remembers when Draco helped us escape last year and he had suspicions we were friends. We weren't really but I knew Serenity cared for him like a brother and that she would be hurt if anything were to happen to him.
"I think whatever it is, it's best you stay out of it Harry." I say sternly.
"Whatever... I need air." Harry says before stomping out of the compartment.

"Astoria I'm fine, stop with the makeup before I breathe in too much and die." I say as Astoria powders my face for the 5th time since we got on the train. I knew I had been looking rather pale and my eye bags were now larger than life but I didn't like makeup.
"Sorry Serenity, I just wanted to help Ya out, I know you are going to be seeing plant boy in a few hours." She giggles. Astoria had been in much better spirits as of late. Part of me wondered how she did it, smiling all the time. I used to smile like that. I knew she was also being strong for Draco whom was now in the biggest pit of depression I have ever seen him in. Hopefully we'd see him smile again soon as well. "Dray tell her to let me do her eyes!" Astoria begs. "Astoria could you give us a minute." Draco says in a serious voice. Astoria and I look at him puzzled but Astoria agrees and steps away.

"What's that about?" I ask.
"I can tell she was bothering you. You've never once worn makeup in your life." Draco says.
Just then a black smoke consumes the Slytherin car.
"What was that?" Draco asks. Standing up and looking around.
"Probably just some first years playing a prank." I mutter as I squint my eyes to see the smoke moving in an odd way towards where Draco is standing.
"Sit down, it's nothing to worry about." I say. He agrees and sits back down.
"I know you aren't happy about this year but you could at least try to be a little nicer to Astoria." I say to Draco. Just then some of our luggage moves above us. Draco and I look up suspiciously.

"Someone is listening ." Draco says to me through telepathy. While looking at me with a raised eyebrow. I look back at him a give a small nod to show him I heard him. We sit in silence the rest of the ride to school.

When everyone is exiting the train Draco and I hang back.
"Aren't you two coming?" Blaise calls to us.
"You and Astoria go ahead, we'll meet you at dinner." Draco says. When the train is finally empty I close the doors on both sides and Draco waves his wand to shut and the blinds at once.
"Didn't mummy every tell you it's rude to eavesdrop Potter!?" Draco says
"PETRIFICUS TOTALUS" he yells pointing his wand towards an empty luggage compartment. Harry's body falls to the ground.
"Oh yeah she was dead before you could wipe the drool off your chin." Draco says before stepping harshly onto Harry's face, breaking his nose. I gasp loudly at this.
"Cmon leaf." Draco says while dragging me out of the train. I see Luna on the way out.
"Harry is in the Slytherin car." I say in her mind. She nods and runs back into the train.

"Will you stop eating!" Hermione yells while hitting Ron with a book. "Our friends are missing. Your girlfriend is missing!" She yells turning towards me.
"Look there they are." Ginny says. "Why is he covered in blood?" She questions.
"Ok so Luna and Harry are here but where is Serenity?" I say searching the great hall. My eyes land on Draco who is looking rather depressed. Astoria Greengrass, who is apparently his girlfriend, is rubbing his back to comfort him. Luna makes her way to the Ravenclaw table and Harry takes a seat in between me and Ginny.
"Are you alright?" Ginny asks Harry.
"Just peachy. What did I miss?" He says while quickly taking a sip of pumpkin juice.

"Have you seen Serenity?" I ask him
"She was with Malfoy last time I saw her." He says almost angrily.
"Well she isn't now." I say motioning towards the blonde boy.

He just shrugs me off and continues talking to Ginny about quidditch try outs.
"I'm trying for keeper." Says Ron. We all look towards him.
"Really?" Ginny says with a laugh.
Ron glares at her.
"I think that's brilliant Ron" Harry says to cheer up his friend.
"Yeah good luck." Hermione says while bumping shoulders with him playfully.