The Cure

Deathly Hallows

Neville gave me clear directions. I fiddle with the flask of potion in my hand. I slip it into my back pocket and then enter my home.

"No. I don't want your stupid gift." Serenity says.

I look in horror as Serenity is laying almost lifeless on the floor in the entrance. She looks like she has lost weight and she is beaten half to death. I run to her side but Hubar stops me.

"What the hell os this father!?!?" I yell.
"Payback." He replies.

I push Hubar off of me. I have to finish the plan or she goes through this for nothing. She is so defeated I can see it in her eyes.
"Draco." I hear her say. I look in her eyes and she nods, knowing what I'm going to do. I nod in return.

"Well keep her quiet I have things to do." I say to my father as I run up the stairs. I hear my father's words telling me to stop and come back but I don't care.

I make my way to Serenity's old room. When I open the door nostalgia hits me hard, I almost freeze. We used to be so young and carefree and now this? It feels crazy. I make my way over to her dozens of plants. Why does she have to have so many?
"White flower, dark green stem, pointy petals. AHA! Here it is!" I exclaim to myself.

I pick the flower and crush it into the potion Neville provided. I see it change color telling me I used the correct flower. Just then Hubar comes through the door.
"Ah just the man I wanted to see, cmere you big brute!" I say.

He obviously fights back but with a few pushes I'm able to get him to drink the potion. He stands there motionless for a few moments then he grabs my shoulders abruptly.
"Hellenberg? Is it you?" I ask.
"What have I done? Oh Merlin what have I done Draco!?!?" He exclaims. Tears streaking his cheeks. The fear and pain in his eyes almost makes me start crying.

"Hellenberg pull yourself together, you've done bad but it wasn't you, now get your ass moving so we can help her." I say. Just then we hear a commotion downstairs. We look at each other nervously.
"This just got a whole lot harder didn't it?" I ask
"Yep." He replies.

....

Hubar had chased Draco up the stairs, I hope he got that potion in him by now. I could see his plan in his mind so clearly. Neville is genius using Molly flower to heal Hubar. All those talks about what plants I have in my room weren't looking so lame after all.

Just then people start bursting through the door. I recognize most of them to be snatchers but the people they are dragging I know personally.
Being drug in the mansion is a Ron, Hermione, Dean, And a deformed Harry Potter.

"Put the muggle born in the dungeon with the rest of them." Bellatrix yells. As a snatcher is dragging Dean along he recognizes me.
"Serenity? Oh dear god Serenity!?!" He yells.
"Move it!" The snatcher yells while pushing him harder.

"Get this filth out of the way!" Lucius yells at Hubar. He is halfway down the stairs with Draco in tow.
I feel Hubar drag me to the other side of the room. From that spot I can see the snatchers holding Ron and Hermione tightly and they have Harry sitting front and center.

"What did she mean the rest of them?" I whisper to Hubar. He leans down and to my delight answers me.
"A girl with long blonde hair, I think her name is Luna, a Gringotts goblin, and a man they call Ollivander." He replies. I look up to him with a smile.
"I missed you Hubar." I say. He just looks back at me with guilt and sadness.

"Draco is it him or not!?!?" Lucius yells. Draco looks up and meets my eyes. I shake my head no gently. He give me the smallest nod.
"It's not him." He replies.
"Are you sure?" Bellatrix asks.
"It doesn't look like him!" Draco yells back.

The light catches something metal in one of the snatchers hands.
"What is that?" Bellatrix inquires.
"It's a sword, I found it." The snatcher replies.
"That belongs to me!" She yells

I hear them arguing some more but I ignore it to speak to Hubar again.
"You can't just get me out of here, I won't leave unless Harry is out safe, we have to get everyone out." I say.
"Serenity I don't know if that's possible. Frankly I really don't give a shit about anyone else in this room." He replies.
"Hubby, I won't leave unless we help everyone." I say sternly. He looks at me for a long time.
"You are stubborn, you know that?" Hubar finally says.
"So I've been told." I chuckle.

"Hubar! Take the girl down with the rest of them!" Lucius yells. Thankfully Lucius hasn't noticed Hubar isn't under his control anymore.
Hubar nods and lifts me over his shoulder. I wince in pain. I'm brought to a cell with Harry and Ron.

"Where's Hermione?" I ask.
"Woah Serenity, don't push yourself you are one wrong move towards death." Ron replies.
"Thanks." I joke.
"They think she stole the sword, she-" Harry tries to answer but we hear Hermione start screaming. It sounds familiar, I know it's Bellatrix carving poor Hermione up.

The other snatchers leave and Hubar stays behind.
"What do we do now Hubs?" I inquire
"Serenity?" I hear a tiny voice. We turn around to see Luna, Dean, and Ollivander.

Luna runs to me and gives me a large hug.
"Oh Serenity you are alive, I heard your screams almost every night. When they stopped I didn't know what happened to you." She exclaims.
"Oh Luna I'm just happy you are alright dearie!" I reply. Hugging her back as much as I can.

I feel so useless laying on the floor while everyone looks to me for what to do next. Everyone is worried, scared, hurt, angry. I'm not sure what to do at this point.

I hear a crack and a familiar friend apparates into the cell.