Chapter 6: When The Sun Hits

⚠️ *First of many (probably an exaggeration there) smut chapters... I'm sorry, I kinda suck at this... just warning y'all* ⚠️

***

March 23, 1993: Seattle, WA, USA

Layne's hands move sensually across Demri's body. Demri moans, pulling his face down so that their mouths can meet. Breathlessly they kiss as Layne thrusts into her, exclaiming her name, her exclaiming his.

Every time they fuck, it's electric. Loving. Primal.
It's a whole mix of things.
And Layne can't get enough of it.

He moves his hands to either side of her, holding her back as he kisses her neck. Demri whispers sweet, dirty nothings into his ear, her hands twisted up in his short blonde hair.

Layne finishes, trying not to collapse on top of her. Demri kisses him softly, tracing his face with her hand as he pulls away to lean on his side while staring into her eyes.

He falls onto his back, putting a hand onto his sweaty forehead. He grabs Demri's hand as she laughs a bit.

"God, Demri, that was-"

"A bit premature," she sighs.

Layne turns to look at her, noticing her cheeky smile.

"What? You usually last longer," she shrugs.

"Well, usually you're on top. You come faster then."

"True..."

***

Layne wakes to the morning light. He turns to look at Demri but notices that she's gone, having left a note on the pillowcase.

*NOTE: Back in a few. Gone shopping with Rosheen.*

Layne frowns.

Rosheen.

He sits up, twisting so that he's sitting on the edge of the bed. He's not wearing anything, so he awkwardly holds the sheets over his... exposed area.

It's been about a week since he'd gotten home. Since then, he and Demri had pretty much been in bed or getting high. Sometimes both.
You know what, it was usually both.
And sometimes it was just a whole lot of talking and goofing off.

Their wedding's pretty soon... which is fucking terrifying.

Two days to go. This is what you wanted, though, right?

Maybe this had been a mistake. Layne thought about the word itself- marriage -and everything it entailed. It just sounded so... mature. And he didn't really think of himself as mature.

But he and Demri had a pretty solid relationship. They'd withstood some difficult times. Whatever life threw at them, they could handle it.

Besides, engagements are supposed to end in marriage. And marriage is the next step, the next hurdle to jump. It's only natural.

Right?

Layne stands, realizing how fast he's breathing.

And now he's cold.

He dresses rather quickly, remaining shirtless as he retrieves a needle from the bathroom.

***

Groggy as he wakes up, feeling still and warm with the lingering affects of his high, Layne turns his head to the side, sad when Demri still isn't there.

Usually, when Layne starts to doubt their relationship, he talks to Demri. She immediately makes him feel better just by making eye contact with him.

But, she's out right now...