Chapter 21

A ball of my pink fire was glowing but it was being circled by another ball but not of fire, but water. "You can control water..." I looked up into his eyes. "Water gives me power... even though I can control fire..." I said. "It's beautiful." I said. "Emotional status: stable." I heard that broke our moment. "Congratulations. As long as your emotions are stable, you can control the fire."

"Who said that?" Leo started looking around for someone. "You won't find her in the air, dummy!" I said and started laughing. I lifted my watch and clicked it. "Leo, meet Lexi. Lexi, you already know who this is." I said. Lexi popped up her hologram. "Nice to meet you Leo." she said. "Uhhh...nice to meet you?" he said. I started laughing again and two pairs of footsteps came bounding down the stairs. "IS THAT LAUGHTER I HEAR????" said a loud voice. "KC!!!!!!" and Nate pulled me into a bear hug. "Woah woah cut the pressure hulk!" I said. "Sorry! It's just been a REALLY long time since we've seen you and...oh come here!" and he pulled me back into the hug again. "Ok, now I'm really getting stuffed!" I said and pulled out from above them, and stood back on the floor. "You guys are progressing with your powers!" I said. "I mean like, we don't have any other work today until college starts so kinda. Leo discovered that he can create and control water. Greg's telekinesis is powerful than ever. He can control literally everything and bend it to his will as well. But somehow not metal. And I, can teleport and I'm strong too." Nate said. "Sweet." I said and put on my gloves. "You're able to control it now. Why are you putting them on again?" Lexi asked me. "Just for today." I said and we walked out the door, to the car. I sat in the back seat. Leo was driving. "Your hair is pink again." he said, making eye-contact with me in the rear-view mirror. "Yeah. I know. I like it." I said. "Me too." he said, and smiled. Involuntarily, I smiled back. But i was distracted by Nate, who was sitting next to me, who gave a soft laugh. "What?" I asked him. "Nothing!" said Greg.

After about half an hour, the four of us were sitting quietly in the waiting room. "Ugh how much more time do we have to wait for?" Nate groaned from his seat. I decided to experiment with trying to create a new fire ball, so making sure that no one was looking at me, I turned in my seat and removed the glove from my right hand. "Sparkle fireball. Sparkle fireball." I kept repeating in my head, concentrating hard. My palm felt warm, so I opened my eyes slowly, to see a pink glow of sparkles floating a few inches above my skin. "Perfect." I whispered a little too loudly, for by the time I had finished whispering, the boys were around me. "You're getting really good with that." said Greg. "Thanks." I said. "Now, I prefer if I don't see any object on fire." said a voice, coming from the hallway. I lost my concentration and the ball burst and sparkles fell all over me. Leo started laughing. "Shut up!" I hissed.

It was Dr. Cullen. "Please come quickly. We have a lot to talk about." The boys and I looked at each other, and then followed Dr. Cullen. In the meeting room, we took our places on the table and he switched off the lights. The big screen turned on by itself. "I heard you guys have different powers since the party. How are you all doing?" he asked us. "We've been better. We're still learning to gain complete control over our powers."

"Well, these powers, as you say, weren't injected into you." he said. "What?" the twins said together. "What do you mean?" I asked him. "I did some research about supernatural powers. These powers are usually connected to the elements of nature. The things injected into your necks was just something to stimulate your already present power. What I mean is, you were born with it..."