Part 2: Chapter 5

Michael held his hands up in mock surrender and chuckled. "No, no I'm not" I put my gun down and rubbed my head as he walked deeper into the container. "Are you ok? You seem to be on edge" He crouched down in front of me.

"I'm fine, Mike." I gave him a small smile. "Just didn't get a restful sleep." I sat up more and looked over the blonde man and saw that he seemed to be happier than usual. "Nor did you apparently." He gave me a confused look. "You seem happy and you reek of sex. I guess you finally man up and made things happen between you and my sister." He began to blush a bright red and chuckle nervously.

"Yeah, I did. I hope that isn't too awkward for you." He smiled at me. I just shook my head and sighed. He held his hand towards me "Come on. I'm going to work on a jeep I found to get it running. Why don't you and Selene chat for a bit.?" I grabbed his hand and he pulled me off of my makeshift bed. Once I was off of my bed I started to load up my weapons and put the bracelets Amelia gave me back on. I stared down at my bracelets as my mind began to wander back to the deceased elder I grew to love. I guess Michael saw how lost in thought I was. "Hey" He placed a hand on my shoulder and saw the bracelets. "What's wrong? Does it have anything to deal with those?" he pointed at my bracelets.

"Yeah. These were given to me by my master."

"Master?" he looked at me confused.

"She taught me how to fight with every weapon she knew and how to do hand to hand as well." I smiled sadly at the memory.

"Oh. What happened to her?"

I secured the bracelets onto my wrist "She was slaughtered by Lucian's lycans when you were captured by him. I don't know who killed her but he is dead nonetheless." I felt a tear starting to fall down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away and walked out of the container.

"Iris!" Michael said as he followed me out of the container. "Wait" He grabbed my wrist. "I'm sorry about what happened to her. I wish I could have met her" He pulled me into a warm hug. I flinched at the contact but slowly relaxed into his arms. "You have become a sister to me and I will do anything to protect you and Selene."

I pulled away from him and put him at arm's length. "You shouldn't worry about me. Selene is more important at the moment. Marcus is after her and not me."

Michael looked at me with curiosity. "Yes, why is that? Why is he going after Selene's blood but not yours? You both are from the same family, so why target her but not you?"

I backed away. "I don't know what he is after and I'll explain what he and I have but not now." I walked away from him and knocked on Selene's container.

"Come in" was all Selene said to me. I walk inside to see her in nothing but a blanket.

"Nice to know that I was right about you and pretty boy." I smiled at her. I walked up to her to see that she had the amulet in her hand. We both stared at it for a bit when she pressed the middle jewel, suddenly a distant memory flashed before my eyes. A memory of Selene and I playing and painting on a stone wall. She was holding the pendant in her hand open like it was now. I was brought out of the memory at the sound of the door being opened by Michael.

"The sun is setting," He tells us but as soon as he sees us his face turned concerned. "What's wrong?" he walks into the container and Selene hands him the amulet

"We've seen this before when we were children," Selene answers him. "I've held it when it was open like this."

"How is that possible?" Michael was just as confused as we were.

"I don't know" she replied in a slight whisper.

I started to think about someone who may have known. "I know someone that might." Selene and Michael looked at me in question before it dawned on her. She then rushed to get dressed while Michael and I packed up most of our weapons. Once she got dressed I handed her, her gun and walked to the car. "Andreas Tanis," I said as I hopped into the back.

"He was the official historian of the covens," Selene explained who the man was as she got into the driver's seat. "He fell from favor after documenting what Viktor considered malicious lies."

I spoke up from the back seat. "Of course, as it turns out, he was probably telling the truth."

"What happened to him?" Michael looked between Selene and I but mostly focusing on Selene.

"He was exiled over 300 years ago," I tell him as got comfortable.

"300 years?" he scoffed. "What makes you think we'll find him now?"

Selene put on a faint smile and answered. "I'm the one who exiled him." She turned the engine and drove out of the old run-down warehouse. 

~Hello my little rabbits and mad hatters, sorry this chapter is a bit shorter than the rest but I do have more chapters on the way. Please leave comments. Love you guys

Love the Wonderland Hacker