Part 72: To Never Let You Go

Malhotra Mansion.

From past few days, Raj has done everything in his hands for earning Nyonika's forgiveness. But nothing worked. She is still giving him cold shoulders.

But this has to end. He will end all this today. She can't just ignore him every time. Haa, he was at fault. But he is trying. But if she didn't even acknowledge his efforts then, what's the use in it?

Nyonika was instructing the servants about today's chores when Raj come to the living room. He waited till she finishes.

Raj: I want to talk to you something.

Nyonika ignored him as if she never heard him and started walking back to her room but he did her hands stopping her.

Raj: I said I want to talk to you.

Nyonika: But, I don't want to.

Raj: You have to and you will.

He said before pulling her to him.

Raj: Why are you ignoring me?

Nyonika: I am not ignoring you.

She said trying to snatch her hands from him.

Raj: Oh really, then why you never, ever acknowledge my presence?

She stopped her struggling and looked straight into his eyes.

Nyonika: Because I don't want to get used to you otherwise when you leave  I will be heartbroken again. I seriously can't handle another heartbreak that too from the same person.

Raj sighed. He knows she is insecure. He has to wipe this insecurity from her heart.

Raj: I am not gonna leave you Nyonika.

Nyonika: (chuckling) And you want me to believe you? Raj, you have said this a thousand times before. But you left. So tell me in which ground should I believe you?

Raj: I know Nyo. But...

Nyonika: It's Nyonika.

Raj: Huh?

Nyonika: It's Nyonika for you. Dare call me Nyo again.

Raj closed his eyes as he felt his heart broke a bit. There was a time when she said she loves it when he calls her Nyo, and now...

Raj: (clearing her throat) I know Nyo..nika that I am at fault. But please give me a chance. I promise I will make everything alright.

Nyonika: Took you so long to realise it. But sorry to say, you are late. You are 7 years late.

Raj: Please don't say that Nyo...nika.. I mean Nyonika. Because of my ego, we lost 7 years of our life and Manik's childhood. Don't repeat the same mistake as me Nyonika. Won't I get a benefit of the doubt Nyonika?

Nyonika: Did you give me? Did you have me a benefit of the doubt? You even refused to meet me and explain and now you are asking for benefit of the doubt. What a joke.
Raj: You are right, I never gave you a chance. I am trying to seek your forgiveness here Nyonika. Let me.heal you.

Nyonika: These scars are now my identity Raj. You can never heal them. You know what Raj, stop all this. Stop all your acts. It's irritating. And just to let you know, it's only because of Manik that I am living here. I don't want him to live like an orphan even after both his parents are alive. Otherwise, I would have divorced you long before. So stop all this otherwise I have to leave.

Nyonika said successfully hurting Raj.

Raj Malhotra, the arrogant, egoistic, fearless businessman is now scared of losing his love and son again.