fourteen*

⚠️ It's a day before going back to Hogwarts, the summer was fun with friends but there was nothing going on!

—————————
"Keep your bloody cat away from Scabbers or I'll turn it into a toad!" Ron and Hermione were fighting about their pets.

"Harry." Hermione looks up behind me, Ron and I turn around.

"Harry!" Ron and I said at the same time, he runs down the stairs and gives me a hug.

"I'm so sorry you couldn't spend the whole summer with us." I sighed.

"Yeah, but maybe during Christmas break." He added, we walk away from eachother awkwardly.

"Egypt, that seems so fun." Harry smiled as we talked about our summer. Mom, Fred, dad, Percy, and George all come over to us and sit down. My dad pulls Harry aside, they were talking about something important, but I could hear them to clearly.

-On the train!-

"Oh come on Ron! Cats and rats have a love-hate relationship!" I teased as we were finding a compartment.

"There's no more compartments empty." Harry spoke, but we still went inside one with a guy sleeping.

"Do you think he's really asleep?" I asked looking at the guy.

"I don't know, but I have something to tell you guys." Harry closed the door to the compartment.

"Let me get this straight, Sirius Black escaped Azkaban to go find you?" Ron looked worried.

"Yeah." I look at the window.

"You okay Fiona?" Hermione asks.

"But they will catch Black won't they?" I assumed.

"Well, sure." Ron replied.

"It's raining so hard." I touch the window.

The train comes to a sudden stop, I grab onto Harry's jacket and all three of them look at me.

"Oops." I slowly let go.

"Guys?!" The window starts to freeze, and so does my water bottle. It suddenly became a freezer, I could see my breath.

"Why are we stopping? We aren't there yet?" I put my leg against my chest.

"Relax, maybe we broke down." Harry thought, I took a deep breath.

"Guys! There's shadows outside." Ron was scared, and I was too. All the lights shut off.

"Harry, what's happening?" I whispered. A dark shadow starts opening our door, it was fully cloaked with long fingers. It looked at all of us been when it looked at Harry, it looked like the shadow was doing something to him.

The guy who was 'asleep' got up and casted a patronus charm sending the shadow away. Harry has fainted, and the train starts moving again. "Harry!" I shake him, but no response. I jump next to Ron.

"Sis, it's okay." He whispered to me, I look out the window and it was still raining.

Harry woke up finally, "Harry, how do you feel?" The guy asks.

"Excuse me sir, who are you?" Harry asked.

"You can call me Lupin." He spoke.

"Now eat this, it's chocolate. I'll be right back." Lupin hands Harry a square of chocolate and leaves the compartment.

"It feels like I'm never going to be cheerful again." Harry sighed.

"Did any of you guys-" we all shake our heads.

"What were those?" I asked.

"Yhey are called Dementors, I read about them. They suck out all of your happy memories." Hermione looks at Ron and I.

The choir is singing with the toads, it was raining and it was just a weird day, we are all in the Great Hall for dinner.

"Welcome, welcome to another year at Hogwarts." Dumbledore grinned.

"Now I heave a few words before starting our wonderful feast, please welcome R.J Lupin." Lupin stands up and bows.

"Potter! Potter!" All four of us look at Draco.

"Is it true you fainted? I mean you actually fainted?" He teased.

"Shut up, Malfoy." Ron and Harry look away.

"How did he find out?" Harry sighed.

"Just forget it." I shook my head and we all looked back at Dumbledore.

"...That his place will be taken by no other than Rubeus Hagrid." I only listened to the end of Dumbledores sentence, but I still clapped for Hagrid.

"And according to the Ministry, Hogwarts will still go on. But please beware of Dementors."

We all walk to the door of the Gryffindor common room, and the fat lady is singing again. Everyone kept on saying the password until she let us in.

"Welcome, in this room we will discover what you possess, the sight." Professor Trelawney spoke slowly.

"Now take the cup of the person sitting next to you." Neville and I switched cups.

"Okay, give me the cup." She said to Ron, he gives her the cup.

"That could be the sun so, you will suffer but be happy about it?" Ron questioned himself, of course he does. Ron hands her the cup.

"Oh no!" She quickly puts the cup back on the table not looking at it.

"You have the grim.." She quickly stepped back.

"The grim?" Harry grabbed his cup back.

"The grim is a dog, that stands for.. death." A random student said.