Bonus Chapter: Mission Halloween

This is a Halloween Special. It is sort of like a spin-off, just like the Valentine's Day Special. Enjoy!

___________________________________________________________________

The shrill screams of adults and children alike clad in strange outfits were music to Gwen's ears. And no- she wasn't turning into a psychopath.

She stared at the multiple screens displaying the various sections within The Mansion of Fright. The green light of night vision filters illuminated the control room in a ghastly glow, fitting for the day.

"Phew, it's tiring being a ghost, I'll have you know," Pauline sighed as she entered the control room flipping her wig out of her face. Despite complaining, she was smiling, her white contact lenses glimmering.

"It's more tiring dealing with all the lighting and projector issues," Belle grunted from somewhere behind the control panel.

"No pain, no gain as they say. And we've gained a lot!" Gwen announced, triumphantly. Their numbers were high, people loved the place!

When the MMU announced they would hold a Halloween fair, Gwen jumped at the opportunity to start her own haunted house. Stuff like that made the most money in the fair, anyway. To hype things up, she did not bother to revamp the university auditoriums or anything. Instead, she got permission to use an abandoned villa just outside campus. It was perfect, even with little decorations. Belle and Pauline were ecstatic about helping. Pauline was head set on being the ghost and Belle with her hologram apparitions.

They got everything set up quickly, and Halloween night ushered in good business.

However, there was another particular reason which drove them to set up the entire event up. Gwen recalled the night after she got the green light from the event coordinators to hold the haunted house.

———Two weeks ago————-

It was wet and cold, hints of Halloween fever poking out of the darkness. The bar was no different, their overpriced Halloween themed drinks had already begun selling. Gwen sat in a shaded, secluded corner waiting. Soon, one by one, the chairs filled up before her. Belle appeared from a crevice of shadows, hood pulled over her head. Pauline, with an unnecessary pair of shades, slid up next to her. Then came the large figure of the mercenary, Crocker. Not bothered to hide his identity. It wasn't necessary, no one dared to cross paths with him. Finally, in came their enemy, but today he was aiding their mission. A turn of tables.

"Why are we acting suspiciously?" James asked.

"Sit down. And go along with it," Pauline replied sternly. James shrugged and did so.

Gwen put her mug of beer down and placed her elbows on the table, leaning into her linked hands. "You already know why I've called you all here... The Mansion of Fright is a go and we have one very important mission."

Everyone narrowed their eyes. A heavy tension filled the air.

"We have to scare daylights out of Peter."

Determined nods and grunts of agreement responded.

"Honestly though, I don't think he's even scared of anything..." Pauline muttered.

Gwen grimaced, "I had a whole horror movie marathon with him once and he literally got bored!"

"Oh, there was this one time we bought peach danishes and his had a dead bug in it. Didn't even flinch," Belle recalled, exasperated.

"I'm getting the chills thinking about it," Crocker said, in complete monotone and utter seriousness, Gwen was not even sure he was joking.

"Well, whatever it is, I want to see that idiot lose it. And we're going to do whatever it takes!" James proclaimed, the most determined out of the lot.