Jin's Chastisement

NamJoon had collected the rest of the Hyungs and they were currently sitting in a room opposite to where the youngest three were in. He had seen a rather lot of interesting things today, and he felt that it was important that they were addressed. Of course, first he wanted to make sure that he was not really just overthinking things and stressing himself out for no reason. Now was also a good time to do it because Jimin, Taehyung, and Jungkook were out with Rejun, Jisung, and Chenle. NamJoon had seen Jungkook get protective over Taehyung once, maybe twice, but the events today had left him somewhat shaken. He felt it best to speak with the other hyungs on them after all. They were the ones who would notice as well, and if he was the only one who noticed, perhaps he was just overthinking things. He did tend to do that sometimes, and he wanted to make sure that what he was worrying over was something definitely important and not just a result of his overthinking things horribly. 

"So." NamJoon began, watching as Suga sleepily groaned from where he was reclining on the chair, his eyes sliding over to Jin who was currently in the kitchen, and had stopped to stare at him, spatula in hand and a whisk in the other, and then down to Hobi, who was at the television and reclining on the couch. His Hyungs had all shown their attention the moment that he spoke, and really he could not ask for better Hyungs. He was quite a lucky person. Truthfully, he had not really expected the others to take him with such seriousness, but perhaps they had noticed that he was worried about something, something being on his mind, and the fact that he had spoken up was worrying them.

He supposed it was understandable. If he spoke up about something that was worrying him, it was usually because it affected all of them. Which...he supposed this sort of did, just not in the way that they thought it did. Likley, htey did not see the same exact things that NamJoon had seen, he just wanted...or rather, he hoped to get their version of events from the whole situation that had happened today and hopefully they would figure this out together. 

"What is it NamJoon," Jin asked, his eyes still staring at him from where he no had a bowl in one hand where the spatula used to be and stirring it with the whisk. NamJoon idly wondered what it was that Jin was baking. He rarely baked unless he was stressed, something which Taehyung definitely took advantage of sometimes. Though he did have to say that Jin did make really good sweets, and at times he really could not blame Taeyhung, though he was sure that if the youngest had asked, well second youngest he supposed now, Jin would still induldge him. 

"I was wondering what you thought about what happened this afternoon." NamJoon said, inwardly trembling with how sudden he had three pair of his Hyung's eyes staring straight at him. 

"I think something happened between that new kid and Jimin that we still do not know." Hobi said softly. "Something happened between them. We all know that Jimin and Taehyung are close, and maybe that is why Jungkook seems so taken with Jimin, but for some reason I am not too sure that is it." 

"Jimin has always been the one to placate everyone," Jin said off handed while he slammed another metal tray on the counter, not quite paying attention to his strength, causing the metal to begin to vibrate from how hard he had slammed it, leaving the other three to stare at him-something Jin completely ignored-before continuing his sentence. "If there is anyone barring Taehyung that the boy would get along with the fastest it would be Jimin, partially because Jimin is not one to challege others, and partially because Jimin is Taehyung's soulmate." 

"Hyung," Suga said, with wide eyes. Jin turned and looked to finally see all of htem staring at him with wide shocked eyes. 

"What? I pay attention. It is obvious Taehyung and Jungkook are an item. A rather...interesting combination, but the fact remains that Taehyung has a lot of influence over Jungkook. Something you should be glad for Yoongi," 

Instantly Yoongi began to be defensive, while NamJoon began to rethink on everything that he had seen between Jungkook and Jimin and had to come to the conclusion that perhaps Jin was right about something weird happening between the two of boys. He was not sure what it would possibly be, but he knew that he would have to be more careful wiht the toher two, and keep them in his sights for the time being. 

"Yoongi," Jin finally scolded. His entire being radiated sheer disapproval. Everyone shut up and stared now. Hobi, who had been half listening, NamJoon, who had been snapped out of his thoughts, and Suga, who had been on the defensive, all stiffened and stared at Jin. It was rare for Jin to scold them. "Whether we like it or not, Taehyung chose someone. The person he chose was Jungkook. We tested Jungkook and somehow, cheating or otherwise, he still managed to pass our tests, and as such, he is a member of us. Don't think I did not notice how you provoked him. You are lucky Taehyung has as great an influence over Jungkook, for whatever reason, as he does, because that boy looked about ready to rip you through with his teeth." Jin said, his tone filled with chastisement. 

Jin sighed as he threw the tray in the oven, slamming it shut and dropping all the dirty dishes that he used in the sink and picking up a sponge. He filled the sink, left the dishes to soak, before going to scrubbing the entire counter tops of the kitchen. 

"Look," He said, his voice gaining its natural, more softer edge when they were with each other, and loosing the disappointed edge. "The fact remains that we still know nothing about Jungkook. We know Taehyung chose him, and we know Taehyung confided that he feared Jungkook was worse then him. that means Taehyung recognized himself in Jungkook, at least partially. Provoking the boy without having a decent means of controlling him, without even knowing if Taehyung has a good enough influence over Jungkook to keep him from lashing out at us is simply not a good plan, and I do not approve."  Jin hummed and everyone was silent for a few moments. He looked back up. "I am not saying don't test the boy. DO that. DO it because we need to know what makes him tick. That way we can avoid it later. Just don't outright try to get him to massacre you, and only do it with Taehyung or Jimin, or better yet both of them in the room with you."