TWO

"I'm back," Lisha said on top of her voice immediately she entered the living room in expectancy of her kids to welcome her.

Cherry ran down the stairs immediately she heard her mother's voice, "Welcome mom."

"Thanks, what of your siblings?" Lisha queried as she ascended the stairs heading towards their rooms while Cherry trailed behind her.

Lisha swung the door open as she walked into Christina's room, her eyes scanned through the large room decorated in Pink; Christy's best colour, from the Queen sized bed that had pink covered all over it, Lisha knew her daughter had just left the bed, she headed towards her walk-in closet 'cause Christy do hide herself there most times if she didn't want to welcome her mom.

"She's in the toilet," Cherry whispered to her mother who nodded in return before heading towards the toilet.

She opened the door slowly only to meet her daughter sitting on the closet groaning.

"Mummy, I think I have stomach upset," Christy said while rubbing her stomach.

"Stomach upset indeed," Cherry mocked and her elder sister dashed her a scowl.

"You should know that lie doesn't work on me again," Lisha told her and Christy smiled sheepishly before standing up.

"I didn't have the strength to come welcome you," Christy explained and her mom chuckled.

"Liar," Cherry mocked and Christy threw her yet another scowl.

"Sayo, what will it take you to welcome me?" Lisha queried with raised brows. She was fond of calling her kids their indigenous name even though they preferred their other names.

"But mummy, we are no longer kids that'll keep running down to welcome their mother when she returns," Christy protested with squeezed face.

"So, you're not mummy's kid abi?" Cherry asked with a tugging smile.

"Cherry you better shut up! Don't let me slap you ooo," Christy eyed her contemptuously.

"You want to slap my daughter abi?" Their mother asked with raised brows and Christy shook her head while Cherry stuck out her tongue at her elder sister who decided to ignore her.

"Anyway, come downstairs, we have visitors at the pre-sit and inform your dad, Simi, let's go to your brother's room for his own excuse," she walked out of the room without waiting for Christy's response while Cherry smiled mockingly at her sister.

"If I catch you ehn," Christy warned while Cherry laughed before following her mother.

Lisha opened the door gently before sauntering into her son's room, she met him sprawled on his king-sized bed, obviously he was feigning sleep.

"Seyi get up now!" Lisha said sweetly and her son rolled to his side while still trying to sham sleep.

"Stand up before the count of three, one, two…"

"I'm up," he cut her off before resting his back on the wall.

"Why didn't you come down?"

"Mummy, we can't keep doing that, we aren't kids again," he replied, the same response he had always given every time.

"I won't condone it tomorrow, come down, we have visitors."

Christian lifted his brows, "Which visitors? This night?"

"Mummy I didn't see any visitors with you," Cherry turned to her mother.

"They're at the pre-sit."