FOUR

"Good news," Christy screamed as she barged into her twin brother's room, Christian who had been painting earlier on, he swirled his chair to face her.

"I don't think you've ever heard the word knocking," he said in a way to frown at her actions but Christy only gave a dismissive wave of her palm before jumping on his bed.

"Get up from bed," he shouted while standing up from his chair.

"I have my bed too and it's prettier than yours so it's nothing to whine about," she told him, and he scoffed before joining her on the bed.

"So, what's the good news you're screaming about?" He fixed his gaze on her in anticipation and her face broke into a grin.

"Finally, dad agreed."

He lifted his brows, "Agreed on what?"

"To make us go in separate cars, nothing like van again, huh, I can't even imagine myself with those girls, a whole me, and to top it, we can now go in separate cars, I'll go in my car now, likewise you too," she explained quickly that he had to listen patiently to grasp all she'd said. Apparently, she was estatic about the whole thing.

"Wow, that's great, are you sure it's not in your dreams or something?" He teased and she eyed him.

"Maybe in your dream but in my own real life."

He chuckled, "But how did you do it?"

She pushed her lips together and raised her chin, "You don't need to know my secret."

Christian wanted to roll his eyes, but he couldn't, "Stop feeling so high."

Christy did what he couldn't do as she rolled her eyes, good thing they weren't that big, it would have been a disaster, "I'm a queen, so, I need to feel myself."

"Just because everyone worships you in school doesn't make you a queen," he fired, and she scoffed before readjusting her sitting position.

"What does it make me? A king abi?" She eyed him and he chuckled.

"But are you sure Mummy agreed to this new change? I don't want an earthquake in this house oo, you know how eccentric she is," he voiced out his fears and Christy erupted into laughter.

"No matter what, dad still has her wrapped around his fingers," she finally replied after laughing for like forever.

Christian nodded, "That's good news then, but then, how did it happen in the space of how many minutes, we just got back from the dinner an hour ago and you've been able to convince dad into doing your bidding and even mum."

A big smile graced her lips, "Perks of being a queen."

"This is the part I wish I could roll my eyes."

Christy laughed, "You can learn the acts from me, I won't charge you much."

"Like you need any money."

Christy raised her palm, "Oh, please, I need money oo, let me go and call Mirabel and inform her about the good news."

Christian sighed, "But you just saw her an hour ago."

She shrugged in response, "And so? The news must start travelling now, Maple students should anticipate their queen's arrival tomorrow, others will be flaunting new bags and shoes they got from the break while I'll flaunt my brand-new car as I'm always ahead of them."

Christian sneered, "Like they don't have cars too."

Christy raised her brows, "Mine is always better, which of the cars should I even choose?" She placed her index finger on her lips while looking around his room as if the cars were scattered in there.