SIX

"You mean she wasn't born mute?" Lisha questioned again in stupefaction, she was still finding it hard to believe what Sindara just told her.

Sindara bobbed her head, "Yeah, everything started about three years ago, at first it was selective, she only spoke to me and her siblings but not her dad and his family but she became completely mute last year," she explained and Lisha blinked her eyes.

"Wow, I haven't heard of that before, and you think there's nothing that prompted it? You know you mentioned her being a zestful girl before she recoiled."

Sindara nodded, "I can't think of any possible thing, I think it just happened."

Lisha sighed before crossing her legs, "Well, that's something, did you take her to the hospital?"

She shook her head and Lisha's eyes widened, "You mean you didn't take her to the hospital for check up or something?"

She nodded in response," I didn't think there was any need for  that, maybe it just happened."

Lisha scoffed, "It just happened? Who knows it might be psychological or something?"

Sindara opened her palms," I never thought to that extent, whereas I didn't have any money to take her and my husband was this non-chalant kind."

Lisha sighed yet again, "Wow, I guess we'll take her to the hospital this weekend."

Sindara blinked twice before a smile graced her lips, "Really? I'm so grateful, you're so kind, I'm indebted to you and I just don't know how I'll pay you."

Lisha smiled, "You can pay me by going back to your place, preparing your children's meal and awaiting their arrival," then she rose to her feet.

Sindara looked up at her, "Is there any other way I can pay? You know I'm hardworking, I can work here or at your workplace."

Lisha smiled, "Hmm, we'll discuss that when I come back, see ya," then she strolled out of the house gracefully while Sindara stared at her retreating figure with a grin.

***************

"Come back here," Christy dragged Cherry's collar after realizing she attempted to run.

"What is it?" Her sister turned back to look at her.

After letting go of her collar she replied," You're too stupid for my liking? How will you think of running there to hug those things?"

Cherry puckered her brows as she glanced at Mimi and Lola before turning back to her sister, " Why? I was only surprised to see them in your class and courtesy demands I greet them, after all they stay at our place."

Christy quickly covered her sister's mouth as her eyes quickly scanned the classroom hoping no one heard her.

"You're dumb, I don't understand why you took everything from mummy, why would you even think of associating with people like them?"

Cherry squeezed her face, "What's wrong with them? They're human like us and they stay at…"

Christy cut in, "Shut up! If I hear they stay at our place again, you'll hate yourself, nobody must know we house them,you can't tarnish my image, you hear me."

Cherry stomped her feet on the ground, "But what's wrong in saying that? They're…"

Christian who had been quiet since their banter started decided to intervene, "Cherry that's enough, not everybody has to know what goes on in our house, just ignore them as Christy said, it wouldn't do you any harm, you can talk to them at home but not in school, you…"