NINE

Mimi rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time as she watched Fara and Lola dress up for the dinner amidst loud chatter.

"It's just dinner, just to eat oo not even dinner party and you're even making up," Lara complained as she walked into the room for the second time since they'd started getting prepared for the dinner.

"Abegi, to me it's not only dinner, my crush will be around, he must notice me today," Lola replied as she adjusted her blue body con gown.

"But don't you think you're overdressed?" Lara questioned and Lola hissed.

"Overdressed ko, I don't understand why you want to become S.U, Fara, please help me pack my hair," she tapped Fara who was applying the lip gloss on her lips.

Lara shook her head before turning to Mimi, "Let's go jare, Mummy already left, you guys should meet us there."

"Of course, expect our grand entrance," Fara replied with a tugging smile while Lara chuckled before grabbing Mimi's hand and they walked out of the room.

Halfway to the main house, she turned to Mimi, "Can you still remember the way? I can't believe I've forgotten it sha, you're good with directions right?"

Mimi nodded and Lara smiled before following Mimi's trail. On getting to the entrance of main house, Mimi was surprised to hear her name, turning back to the direction of the voice, a smile appeared on her face.

"Wow, Mimi, you look better without the school uniform, what are you doing here?" Tife queried as she smiled widely at Mimi before waving at Lara who smiled in return.

Lara decided to reply Tife so far Mimi didn't take her jotter and pen with her, "Madam Lisha invited us over for the dinner."

Tife creased her brows in confusion, "Really? But the dinner is a family gathering, we hold it once a week in each member's house, you guys aren't family right? I know all my family members."

Lara shook her head, "No, we aren't family but Madam Lisha considers us as one, we stay in the chalet over there."

Tife smiled, "Oh, I didn't know you guys stayed with Christy."

Just then Christy walked out of the house, Mirabel had called her out, she was shocked to see Tife conversing with Mimi and Lara.

"What are you guys doing here?" She questioned while eyeing them.

"I guess aunty Lisha invited them for dinner," Tife replied with a smirk, Christy hissed before walking away but not without dashing them an hateful glare.

Tife smiled before leading Mimi and Lara into the house.

They settled down around the large dining table before Christy and Mirabel walked in. Mirabel was more than shocked to see Mimi and Lara before Christy decided to explain the whole thing to her.

"Ad we wanted to make a grand entrance sha? He isn't down yet gan," Mimi heard the voice of Lola beside her, she hadn't noticed when they walked in.

"Simi, go and call your brother," Lisha instructed and Cherry nodded before running up to call Christian.

They got back few minutes later and Lola had to restrain herself from screaming while Mimi rolled her eyes yet again before her eyes met with the guy sitting opposite her.

She eyed Christian before looking away, then Lisha instructed Christy to pray.

Christy cleared her throat before glancing at everyone, "Father Lord, we thank you for this day, for making us see another week's dinner, we give you all the glory and hope you'll dwell with us this night, bless this food and each one of us here, amen."