TWENTY THREE

"Are you ready to talk about what happened three years ago?" The therapist queried and Mimi only stared at her.

The reoccurrence of her bad dreams throughout the previous weeks which had been reopened by Alex who kept on calling her, the way he got her number still baffled, he'd sent the picture of his dick to her several times till she blocked him, wondering why he decided to just be a devil to her life, she'd been unable to sleep peacefully as those memories kept on coming back.

Most times she always screamed in the middle of the night and she feared sleeping, having the bad dreams, screaming and even seeing Benita, it was as if Benita wanted to punish her for not revealing the truth. Her mom had informed the therapist about the happenings and after few questions she'd ruled her case as traumatic mutism but no one knew what brought about the trauma, with questioning from her mother, siblings and even the therapist, all she did was stare at the person without any attempt to talk.

Mimi walked out of the hospital in despair, her mother had accompanied her to the hospital that day because she'd been worried sick about her Mimi's case was going from bad to worse.

"How was it?" Sindara queried as she opened the door for Mimi to get in.

Mimi ignored her mother's question and stared out through the window, Sindara decided not to pester her again so far she won't budge, immediately they got home, Mimi left for her room.

"How was it?" Fara questioned with her tone laced with concern as she watched Mimi enter their room, they were all worried about her, since the holiday started none of them had slept peacefully.

"I don't know," Sindara replied as her eyes trailed Mimi.

"What did the doctor say?" Lara asked and Sindara turned to her.

"I don't know, Mimi's isn't replying, she keeps staring at her just like every other time."

They all sighed at this, Lola who had been sleeping got up and headed towards Fara room only to see Mimi crying.

"Mimi, Mimi, what's wrong?" She rushed to Mimi who was still crying.

"Mummy," Lola shouted and Sindara rushed into the room with Lara and Fara.

"She's crying, did anything happen at the hospital?" Lola turned to their mother who bent down to hug Mimi who kept on crying.

"No," she shook her head while consoling Mimi who looked like she won't stop crying.

They all stayed with her till she finally sniffed and placed her head on the bed.

"Mimi, what happened?" Fara asked.

Mimi glanced at her before closing her eyes and turning to the other side.

"Let's leave her to sleep," Sindara mumbled but it was audible enough for the kids to hear, she rose to her feet and glanced at the sleeping Mimi.

They all glanced at her before walking out the room closing the door quietly.

**************

"Mimi, come and watch film," Lara opened the door quietly as she strolled into the room.

Mimi shook her head in response.

"But you've been in the room since morning doing nothing but staring into space, just come and join me, the film is interesting," Lara pestered and Mimi sighed before getting up.

"Good," Lara smiled as she wrapped her hands around Mimi leading her to the living room.

For the past few days, they'd been trying to cheer her up and bring her out of her sour mood.