ELEVEN

Mimi looked around frantically while trying to remember the way to the football field. Dera and Tife had taken her there the previous day but she hadn't really been herself after the police officers went ahead with their interviews, ironically, they didn't interview her but she was still the most worried, so, that thoughts had made her forget the directions.

And now there was no one to lead her through. Tife and Dera already left for their badminton class with the belief that Mimi knew her way. Knowing there was no one she could turn to for help, she turned back only to be met with a hard rock chest.

"I've always known you were blind, see the way you rumpled my cloth," an irritating voice she instantly recognised to be Kingsley's said. She was able to remember his voice so far he'd been trying so hard to bully her for some time now.

She raised her brows at him and he chuckled, "Common sorry, you can't say, for goodness sake, what is the dead doing among the living?"

Mimi glared at him while he laughed, she made to walk away but he grabbed her hand, "You don't dare walk out on me? Who are you? A low- life mute amongst the elite, you really need to know your place."

Mimi glowered at him as she tried jerking her hand away but his grip was tight on her, she knew quite well, it would create a gash on her skin.

"See, you can't even tell me to let go of your hand," he mocked and her glare increased.

"Leave the poor girl alone," a voice came from behind and Mimi quickly turned to look at the person the same time Kingsley did. She recognized him to be her classmate and Christian's friend but his name didn't register in her brain.

"And why should I?" Kingsley asked with lifted brows.

Michael smirked, "Because I ordered you to."

Kingsley scoffed, "And who are you?"

"It's something you know, anyway, you're already late to the field and if you aren't careful, I'll punish you for that or rather make the coach kick you out, don't forget, I'm still the captain and in all ranks, I'm more powerful than you," he completed before dragging Mimi away from him.

Kingsley's nose flared as he resisted the urge to punch Michael, not like he could actually do it, it was forbidden, the last time he tried it, he almost regretted his existence, Michael's mom had locked him up at the station for days and their dad did nothing about it. Yeah, he and Michael were siblings, no, step-siblings because they made that made so visible and wide. He was the illegitimate son who had no say or right.

"Let's go," Michael took Mimi's hand in his and she glanced at Kingsley with a mocking smile.

"Heading towards the field right? You're the new intake?" He questioned even though he knew the answer. He'd been shocked when the coach told him about Mimi's interest in football, she was practically the only girl at Maple interested in that sport, they all preferred another sport.

Mimi nodded in response and he smiled before leading her to the locker room.

"As you can see, you'll have to get changed in the toilet, you should have done that before coming but either ways, this is the male changing room," he explained before giving her the Jersey.

Mimi examined the Jersey as a smile crept up her face.

"Go get changed," he ordered and she nodded before disappearing into the toilet only to come out few minutes later.

A grin appeared on Michael's face as he stared at Mimi, she was looking hot in the Jersey and he couldn't help but admire her. Apparently, she would be his main focus on the field today.