✨Chapter Sixteen✨

Word Count: 1505 

T minus 3 hours until the duel...

(Y/N)'s P.O.V.

We arrived back at L'Manburg to a worried Tubbo and a anxious fox beside him.

"Are you guys ok?" Tubbo ran up to us three, worry filling his eyes.

"We're fine." I smiled.

"So... what do we need to do? Take down the walls?" Tubbo asked, looking to Tommy and Wilbur too. The two looked away.

"Over my dead body, literally." I said simply, walking away and back to the van.

Tubbo's P.O.V.

"What?" I muttered as she walked away, leaving Tommy, Wilbur, Fundy and I standing there.

"She challenged Dream to a duel." Wilbur sighed, "Well, Tommy did, but she took his place. She was serious about not letting Tommy die."

"A... duel?" I tilted my head slightly, confused.

"A duel is when two people take a bow, take then paces in opposite directions, turn around and whoever shoots first, wins." Wilbur explained, "But they'll be on half a heart."

"So..." I looked down, thinking, before I snapped my head back up. "One of them... Will die..."

"Yes." Tommy confirmed, looking down.

"Is she ok?" Fundy asked, scanning the van before looking back to the two.

"She'll be ok, give her some time..." Tommy sighed, walking away from the group.

"Is he ok?" I asked when he walked far away enough.

"He's... alright." Wilbur paused. "He's just upset that she took his place."

T minus 2.5 hours until the duel

I stood outside (Y/N)'s door, hand hovering in front of it. Taking a deep breath, I knocked.

"(Y/N)?" I called, and heard shuffling in her room, before the door opened.

"Yes?" She asked, opening the door to peek out of it.

"Are you ok?"

"They explained it to you?"

"Yeah..." My voice came out weak and quiet, and I looked away.

"I'm sorry Tubbo."

"Why are you apologizing?" I whipped my head back to meet her eyes, which had been filled with anxiety.

"I dunno- I'm making you guys worried..."

"It's ok, (Y/N)"

"I just wanted to be useful... and I can't have you guys hurt either."

"We'll be alright."

"I know- but I need to win this- But I can't kill him..." (Y/N) mumbled, rambling.

"(Y/N)...."

"And if I kill him, shit's gonna hit the fan-"

"(Y/N)-"

"And that's not gonna be good- I'm gonna regret everything forever-"

"(Y/N)! You're rambling!" I call out, desperate to keep her from saying anything else negative.

T minus two hours until the duel

Niki sat at the table in the main room of the van, talking to Wilbur while Tommy, Fundy and I sat outside on the grass under a tree, watching the sunset.