Chapter 11: Angel's Birthday

Autumn was here and I sat staying quiet because it was also Halloween. October 31 also my birthday but it didn't matter to me so I wouldn't bother the others with it. 'Happy birthday Angel' The three girls shouted happily and I just smiled a bit. I got up and did my usual duties except that Lady Elizabeth was having Ceil have a Halloween ball and me and Sebastian had to go no excuses. I sighed staring at the sleek black dress with a long tail and cat ears I put it on but stayed quiet until Sebastian walked in. "Angel is something wrong? You've been quiet all day." Sebastian asked and I shook my head in response. In reality I didn't want to go to the ball I just wanted to stay here in me and Sebastian's room and just sleep. Ceil refused to let me stay so Mey-rin made me put this costume on. I sighed slightly and Sebastian noticed my little notebook sitting on the desk. "What's this?" He asked pulling me away from my thoughts. "Sebby no!" I said snatching it from him. It was my diary that he was holding it has had all my thoughts since I came here. Especially about today and I didn't want him to see that. He smirked and tried to get it back from me but I ran out the door sticking my tongue out at him and I ran down the hall holding the notebook close. I tripped and looked up as Bard grabbed the diary it was open on today's page. "Dear journal, Happy birthday to me best day ever right but I don't want to tell the others and burden them with my birthday being today it is really no big deal." He read before I snatched it back. I turned and went to walk away but ran into a soft chest. I looked up and stared at Sebastian. "Shit" I murmured and he grabbed the notebook. I just decided to give up there is no winning. He read over the page for today and smirked at me. "Young Master." He said walking towards Ceil's study I just walked back to my room and sat on the bed. "Idiot why did you write it down you should have kept it to yourself." I mumbled walking into the bathroom and noticed small tears streaming down my face. 'Wimp!' Kaitlyn scoffed at me and the others just looked taken back by her statement. 'Kaitlyn take it back you always have to be mean at the worst times.' Cassie growled at her and she just shrugged. 'Not my fault she cries every year' Kaitlyn said and I just seemed a bit angry by it. 'Just shut up Kaitlyn you have no idea what I have been through. My parents died today four years ago they died protecting me from an angel.' I growled. My fist hit the sink and I just stayed still. "Angel are you in here?" Ceil called. I heard multiple footsteps walk into the room and I stayed quiet seeing as no one should see me like this. I wiped the tears and took a deep breath fixing my makeup quickly and waited for them to leave. After Ceil and whoever else it was left I walked out of the bathroom and jumped out the window and landed on my feet walking into the forest looking for Pluto. I smiled when I found him. I had taken the collar off so Angela's spell wouldn't work later. I hugged him and he licked my face gently. "Pluto I'm so happy you're here." I said I curled up into his fur and lightly cried remembering everything what I saw four years ago. "Pluto please tell me you will always be here for me." I muttered and he licked me in response. I stopped crying as he licked my face making me feel better. "Such a good boy." I praised petting him lightly. I heard my name being called by Finny but I just kept petting Pluto. "Angel?" He called again and I turned seeing him walking up to us. "Yeah Finny?" I asked and he hugged me. I was a bit shocked but hugged him back. "I'm sorry we didn't know it was your birthday." He apologized and I looked down. "Well I'm not fond of my birthday Finny." I said suddenly finding my feet very interesting. "Why is that?" He asked and I just kept my head down. "Four years ago today my parents died. They were murdered in front of me it was horrifying." I explained and memories flashed into my mind and I started to cry again. "If only I would have known and I could have been stronger I could have saved them." I mumbled my eyes staying on the ground Finny hugged me and I cried on his shoulder. "I'm scared Finny that one of these days that person will come back and kill me too." I said still crying he rubbed my back comforting me and I started to calm down on dry sobs coming out. Before I knew it I had fallen asleep on Finny's shoulder.

       ~Finny's Pov~

I felt Angel fall asleep on my shoulder and I continued to hug her. "Its alright." I cooed laying her down in Pluto's fur seeing as how it was only about noon she could rest for a while and I would come get her for the party in a few hours. I'm happy she opened up to me because I could tell she cared about all of us but kept her distance afraid that she was going to lose us. I smiled and walked back to the manor to finish decorating for the ball. Master Ceil and Mister Sebastian were looking for her still but I refused to tell them I saw her she needed to be alone right now so she could rest and sort things out.

          ~Angel's Dream~

I stared at the house blood leading to my parents room and the smell of smoke filled the air I then saw it white wings white hair and purple eyes. I stared at Devin as he held my parents bodies and I stepped back slowly it all then changed it was the Phantomhive manor and bodies of the others were piled up and my hands were covered in blood.

          ~Angel's Pov~

I jolted up trying to control my terrified breathing. I was still in the forests resting on Pluto I smiled noticing the sky turn a pink and purple hue. I stood up and walked back to the manor to see carriages pull up. I snuck in the back kitchen door and snuck towards my room only to run into something. I looked up to see Sebastian looking into my eyes. "And where were you young lady?" He asked and I looked at the ground. "Outside with Pluto." I said pushing past into our room to fix my costume and my make-up. Sebastian hugged me from behind and I just smiled feeling his warmth. "Please don't die anytime soon." I mumbled into his chest as I hugged him tightly. He kissed me lightly on the lips and we walked to welcome guests.