(23) - Soft Lullaby -

23 - Soft Lullaby -

"We'll make this exception once. But I hope the next time this happens, you won't go through such turmoil for everyone and especially for your sake, Admiral."

As Kaizo expressed by the center table, Boboiboy stood before them as he gave a pressed smile, nodding. "Go and get some rest with the rest, we'll keep an eye on Zion's ploy." Tarung stated as Boboiboy saluted before getting dismissed, walking to the door as he saw the rest of his friends waiting outside. Fang frowning, "Slowpoke, c'mon, Ochobot set up our portal to Earth." Ying slightly shook her head, grabbing her husband's hand with a 'be nice' gaze, Boboiboy walking between Gopal and Yaya, taking his wife's hand as they made their way back.

"Mom!" "Papa!"

The moment they entered through the portal and arrived at Earth, they were met with the presence of their kids. Yurika called from Faze's grip as she tried to walk towards him, meanwhile, Brianna and Yanni greeted their mother with warm hugs as she'd not returned as their father did before.

Hannah waved to them a hello, "It's good to see you back, did the meeting go well, Admiral?" Boboiboy nodded, "I got my sanction waived. Right now, all we need to do is wait it out." They'd decided to continue their banter at Tok Aba's shop, the elder greeting them as he went to hug his grandson and granddaughter-in-law. The discussion going on about certain topics as the recent restructuring around town after the attack and the upgrades on the Earth base, soon delving into more details.

"So now you are on your tertiary tier of elements?" Ying inquired, impressed as Boboiboy nodded, glancing at the power-watch clung on his wrist, recalling the memories he'd regained back at the weird dreamland. Yaya sneakily grabbed his wrist, seeing the symbols of each element. "It came as a shock to everyone in all honesty. But your powers sure have gotten stronger, honey–yours too Fang." Yaya stated, seeing the shadow-manipulator glance towards them.

He huffed, "It's still takes some control though, the shifts in the elements I have are too rigorous." He rested the back of his hand on the table, open palm slowly conjuring a small figure, its hair using his shadow element and its body using the light element, shifting it as Yurika giggled, Fang genuinely smile as he made it move, "Oh, it's little Yurika." Hannah notions as she pointed towards it, Kahana clapping in amusement.

Their banter cut when Gopal knocked on the table, Fang disabling his effect as Yurika went towards him, asking him to do it again. "Dey, but how are they different from your secondary ones? I only saw it briefly before I was stationed down the other levels." Gopal spoke, recalling having to rush down to the lower floors. Boboiboy hummed for a moment before standing up, excusing to step to the side, "It's a lot different, they can affect the surrounding now too, watch–" He lifting his wrist that had his power-watch, a light flick and soon his body was coated in light before it cracked, showing Boboiboy Cosmicburst, "Hello~"

The leaf-element beamed a smile towards them, but their attention turned to slight amusement and shock to see that out of nowhere, Cosmicburst was surrounded by floral petals, some dancing around him, Yaya looked to his feet, slightly gasping, "Now I see what you mean, honey." They all ushered to see that the place Cosmicburst stood up on was currently blooming flowers as the grass turned into a luscious shade of green.

Cosmicburst hummed, tilting his head as they were surprised by the shower of flower confetti emerged in thin air, all carefully falling on Yaya's hijab, making her glance to see Cosmicburst giving her a sweet gaze, her cheeks slightly turning warm as Yanni sighed, rolling his eyes at his father's flirty antics. Ying giggled, slightly hiding her lips behind her hand, "One thing is for sure, they all are head-over-heels for Yaya." Everyone agreeing as Cosmicburst glowed for a moment, turning back into Boboiboy.

"I just remembered something."

Their laughs were soon dying down, turning to see Gopal who'd been silent for a while, Hannah asking, "What is it?" The older male clicked his tongue, crossing arms over his chest with a frown expression, standing up and beside Boboiboy. "I heard something weird after the battle with Zion... I think we all need to hear it." Gopal expressed, hands moving to rest on hips, Boboiboy sensing the tension as he nodded, moving to take a seat beside Yaya as the rest piped down for him to speak.

"During the time I had to heal, I subconsciously entered the Mirror Palace from my Key. Everything looked like normal, but I saw a weird place that resembled the place you guys told me about. The Rift." Gopal stated, the prospect surprising them as Fang put a hand on the table, "How did that happen? Did you get mortally wounded?" Fang questioned, not knowing of any other way to enter the place, Gopal shook his head, "The Rift was a strange one, each with its own doors to other places." "Yeah, I saw some of them too." Yaya stated, recalling the time she and Ying used their keys, seeing the other lady nod.

Gopal sighed, "The point of the matter is... Zion is from somewhere, I couldn't find it no matter how I looked, it meant they had a method of coming here..." "And?" Boboiboy interjected, sensing there was more as Gopal placed his hands on the table, leaning on it, "They didn't have any key... that means they can come anywhere at will... they have powers beyond ours."

The group were taken aback at the delayed realization, Zion's powers have never come across to them other than necessary, but Gopal's words struck a heavy nerve. Ying tightened her grip on her shorts, looking concerned, "Now that you mentioned it, Fang and Boboiboy were sent somewhere with ease on his part... what's stopping him from doing it to a wider audience?"

Yanni looked at the adults, glancing to see Brianna shakily taking his and Faze's hands, worried. Faze cleared his throat, "Papa, what is going on? I thought Uncle Boboiboy was injured in training." The group were a bit conflicted, forgetting that their children weren't little like Yurika and Kahana who just lived in their bubbles. Fang turned to see Boboiboy nod, both mentally noting it for later as the raven-haired admiral faced the younger ones. "Actually. Your Uncle met with someone he valued a lot when he was younger. He got hurt and had to come back. Now, this Zion fellow is someone who tries to hurt people."

Brianna furrowed her brows, Yanni slightly turned to get a proper view of everyone, "Then... this Zion fellow, will he come... for us?" He queried, concern riddled on his face as Yaya knew her son prioritizes their safety over his own. "He won't." Fang stated, Faze surprised when the older patted his children's heads, "We can take him. All I want you guys to do is defend yourselves when some tries to hurt you." Fang reassuring them, explaining some brief insight to the battle they'd fought.

Boboiboy glanced to the side, staring into the clouds with a light frown, "Something isn't adding up... why did Zion even retreat? He was confident... unless he knew my power...!'