Gossip and gowns

Skye's POV

I can only imagine the tension in the car between Grayson and Axel. My saving grace is Blake, he can break them up. Although, Axel does like Grayson or at least acts like it, he doesn't particularly like anyone.

Mia walked into the kitchen but halted when she saw me "You're up, how did that happen?" her surprised expression caused slight offence but that's why we get along so well, we lack filters or giving a damn.

"Good morning to you too. Plus, this is my house, I wake when I want"

"Or you had to sneak lover boy out" she mocked

She suddenly popped her head out the fridge to stare at me due to my silence "He told you, didn't he?"

Her smirked continued to grow as she stole a bottle of water "Yep. I thought Blake was joking but you just confirmed it"

"Nothing happened, he slept in the guest room" Her eyes diverted to the entrance, I already knew who it was.

"You'll never guess who slept over last night" She giggled.

I sighed, resting my head on the cool marble counter top "NO!" Vanessa shouted joyfully. This is where the hundred questions start.

A sharp nip caused my head to rise "You're supposed to tell me these things, I am your best friend" Brooke had actually pinched me. Childish yet affective.

"I'll tell you all about it if you'll just make me breakfast" I aimed it towards Vanessa since she makes the best pancakes known to man, or women for that case.

"All about what?" A sweet voice belonging to my Mum asked joining us.

Crap!

Nobody said a word which didn't make it very subtle. They bought it up so, they should get us out of the awkward situation.

"If this is about Grayson staying over I already know" slight embarrassment struck me. I'm close to my Mum but this was new territory and something I wanted to avoid.

"It's fine Skye, we've all been there" The look between Vanessa and I she gave made Vanessa blush, her rosy cheeks made me laugh. I know I'm way more tamed than my brother but, he was living on his own making it less invasive.

"We've got a ball to get ready for. Let's go!" Mia screeched jumping up and down, I admired her enthusiasm.

The first time Blake bought her she was nervous; a little liquid courage worked a treat. Now, she enjoys them, much like the rest of us, the most enjoyable part it getting ready.

"She's right. Shoo, out my kitchen. I'll bring you some food up" My Mum actually started pushing us out of the room.

Vanessa snuck back down holding her end of the deal, her pancakes for my gossip. There was little talk on the subject so it was in my favour.

She returned with a large stack for everyone, we don't tend to eat at the ball, besides, even that food is too fancy for me.

I felt three sets of eyes burning into me, any longer and they would have stolen my soul.

"Ugh fine. We finished the casino, sorted an issue at the club and then watched a couple movie. I must have dozed off and when I woke up he was gone, I bumped into him this morning" I literally bumped into him, he has the height advantage but, I have the heel advantage.

They didn't seem too overjoyed "That was bland but no doubt tonight will spice it up" I throw a pillow at Brooke, she protected her pancakes like a child cradling the plate.