The Theatre

Skye's POV

After two weeks of constant fights and interrogations the festive season was upon us. Meaning no school, thankfully. The constant obnoxious romantic Christmas displays of affection in the halls are finally over. Grayson did threat at doing something cheesy in front of everyone to which I guaranteed him I would leave him high and dry and most likely black and blue when we're alone.

Christmas eve, Eve has arrived way quicker than ever before. My shopping is complete as it is every year, I have no chance escaping it since Brooke's second language is shopping. Tech is her first, I question her ability of the English language making it only top three.

It coming so close to Christmas meant our annual Christmas show. Vanessa and I scheduled our last minute rehearsal. We are trusted once again with the younger class for a dance. Their ability goes up every year making our job more enjoyable however, I don't shy away from a challenge. I was on a mission to make everyone as involved as possible.

Along with choreographing we were given a duet. Dancing alongside Vanessa is a dream. Not only is she like my sister but she's my inspiration. I fear I would have given up a long time if it wasn't for her, she reminds me there's a life outside the darkness that takes over.

"BUH, BUH, BUH, HIT!" We both chant bringing us to the end of the routine.

Dancers have a whole other language yet it makes sense. Especially since the numbers we use are 5,6,7,8.

The music fades out only to be replaced with Brooke's applause "I am amazed every time" she squeals.

Vanessa and I smile between panting. This is the hardest we've pushed, we somehow have to top every year and considering the amount of time we've invested into the little ones I'm impressed at how solid our routine is.

"I can't believe it's Christmas eve tomorrow" Vanessa says walking over to the speakers retrieving her phone.

I plant myself onto the floor to start stretching out "Not to mention your first Christmas with lover boy" Brooke sings.

I roll my eyes at her childish ways "Is there any conversation you won't make about Grayson?"

She scratches her chin dramatically then shakes her head with a smirk.

"Mia was exactly the same" Vanessa says reassuringly joining us on the floor "Although, I'm a girl and you're bringing a boy. Thinking about it, it's very different"

My mouth gapes open "You couldn't have kept that last to bit to yourself? Very reassuring V, very reassuring" They both laugh at my expensive. Ugh, how my love out weights the hate for them.

~~~

I peep my head through the curtain watching the theatre fill up. We spare no expensive for shows especially Christmas, Miss. Valerie's favourite holiday. The little ones are filled with nerves and excitement. Their costumes are so cute it's beyond belief.

I feel a little tug at my hoodie. I look down to see an anxious riddled girl.

"Hey Lou" I smile bending down meeting her level.

Worry consumes her. Lou was by the far the shyest little dancer we have but after some dancer magic she's turned out to be one of the strongest. I see the same fire in her I have, we bonded quickly. She's come so far, which got her prime spot.

"Are there a lot of people out there?" She asks shifting on the spot side to side.

I take her hands "There is" she looked even more on edge. "But, I promise you when the lights come on you won't see anyone but me up there"