Skye!

Skye's POV

Adrenaline rushed through my veins as my throwing stars left my hand hitting the target perfectly. It sounds twisted but one of the most rewarding moments for me is seeing a perfect display of throwing knives and stars in formation, reassuring me in fact, I do have PERFECT AIM!

If you haven't figured it out already, I am not your typical teenage girl. Some may say I live a double life however, I say I live in a parallel universe.

I'm labelled as the princess of my family's Mafia. My Father who is mostly known as Wolfie created his own Mafia which I became a part of when I was younger. My brother Axel also known as Red is my Dad's right hand man but nowadays he shares the spotlight with me since I am the nicer sibling.

Axel managed to bag himself a girl called Vanessa, she's one of my favourite humans. I loved her since I was little. She's brave to stick around this family although, she's pretty badass herself.

"SKYE" My Mum shouts waltzing into my training room.

I turn in her direction angling myself so she can see the board. She nods her head showing her approval.

A quiet cough cleared her throat allowing her to say "Your Dad has some people he wants you to meet" She looked flushed not to mention the cautious tone in her usual angelic voice.

This should be interesting.

"Who are we talking?"

She rolls her eyes placing her hands on her hips "This isn't a game of guess who. Just come downstairs and find out" I laugh raising my hands surrendering. She has a special sense of humour and sometimes lacks a censor, I blame my sarcasm and dark humour on her.

I started retrieving my stars that were significantly stuck, let's just says post throwing sucks. I know she would tell me to leave them here so, I wait till she leaves. I strap my stars on my thigh using my shorts to disguise them.

I swing on the stair banister walking down. Three figures are apparent in the doorway of the office. They could be leaving or entering, either way I hope it's short. I have the first day of school to prepare for.

"Ahh, there she is" My Dad says greeting me, a smile twitches on my face making me appear less awkward.

"Skye, this is Michael Riley" My dad introduces the large well-dressed man. His expression turned to a light hearted smile.

"I first met you when you were very little, you probably don't remember me" His smooth voice is calming although, I doubt his shouting is anything but calming.

"I'm sorry to say I don't"

"This is my son Grayson" My attention turns to the third and final person. It would be a lie to say he wasn't attractive in fact he was dreamy. It's ironic how his name ties to his steel grey eyes. The all black outfit wasn't an unusual thing around here but he sure does pull a black leather jacket off.

Most girls would be mortified at him seeing them after a workout but since I'm not interested, I remain unbothered.

"Nice to meet you" He smiles, of course he has a perfect smile. His deep voice took me by surprise.

"You know, Grayson could use a partner" His Dad adds

I force a smile "Thanks but I don't do partners" I had a few strong opinions on the matter but I don't think they'd be appreciated.

"Maybe I can change your mind" He sounded way to hopeful and smug. Player detected!

"Don't mind her Grayson, she's more of a lone wolf" My dearest brother interrupts walking down the hall.

I roll my eyes upon his arrival "When did you get here?"

"A while ago" He grins throwing his arm around my shoulder

I push his heavy arm shooting him a glare "For your information, I'm not a lone wolf, I just work solo or with my family"

My pasted experience proves partners are bad news and I'd rather not be screwed over. Again.

"Vanessa's upstairs by the way" he casually mentions

"You should have started with that"

I kiss Axel and my Dad on the cheek after saying goodbye to Michael and Grayson.

~~~

My mouth gapes open when I walk into my bedroom. It's covered in boxes. I run over when I realise what they are.

Vanessa's friend Ava occasionally sends over clothes from her label.

"Woah, this is a lot" I laugh looking in each one

Vanessa turns around with a wide grin "I know, she insisted to set you up for a good start to school"

Each box was perfectly packaged. She had hand written a note in one box. I take the purple card in my hands reading it aloud

Skye,

Some things I thought you might like.

Good luck at school, kick ass as always

Your kinda big sister

Ava xx

I smiled resting it on my nightstand. I shoot her a text saying thank you. I have loads of 'kinda' big brothers and sisters thanks to Vanessa.

"Who's the cutie downstairs?" She asks as she starts unpacking

I narrow my eyes giving her daggers, she laughed but my her glare I know she won't drop it.

So, why not freak her out. "Which one Michael or Grayson?"

Her jaw dropped to the floor "SKYE RED!" She shouts between laughing, a pillow flew in my direction but I caught it, saving myself the impact.

"I assume you're talking about Grayson"

"You don't seem to thrilled about meeting him"

I plant myself at the bottom of my bed "It's not that it's just everyone seems to think I need a partner, I'm not incapable you know"

My heavy sigh made her sit next to me "You know it's their way of caring"

"Well, we know what happened the last time I had a partner" She can't fight me on that situation.

She slaps my leg and jumps of my bed. "Let's get this put away" I take the hand she offered. I already know this is going to take far too long but I'm a sucker for new outfits.