The Agreement

Logan has never been in his best behavior when it comes to competition. Competitions bring the worst of him, he got that from his father. Rory, on the other hand, hasn't been a great fan of him being all jealous and acting all protective. But this visit is about Rory and winning her back, so... he has to restrain himself.

And boy, it wasn't easy.

Seeing how he's so comfortable touching Rory as if he has been doing it lots of time, how he laugh at her puns and stories, and how he opened the door for her, held the elevator for her, pulled up a chair for her, how he talked, he ate, he breathed. Basically everything Archie did annoys Logan. He's acting like he owns Rory. And he hates how Rory responded to him too, that look, that smile, those small gestures. It's driving him insane.

They arrived at The Barbary at almost seven o'clock, it's a cozy dinner spot which Archie recommended. "The chef was born in Tel-Aviv, and his chicken msachen is to die for! You said you tasted it in Israel and you loved it, right Rory?"

She loves everything that she can chew, you moron! No need to get all proud and smug, Logan sneered in his mind.

"Logan? Logan?"

He was so deep in his mind he didn't hear Rory asked him something.

"Are you okay eating at the Barbary?" She asked again.

"Well, if it's just the both of us I would prefer Andrew Edmund's, but with him tagging along, Barbary is fine," he said a little too rudely mentioning a romantic dinner place he took Rory when she spent Christmas Break with him back in college.

He knew he had made the situation awkward, but he went in anyway, ignoring the surprised look on Rory and Archie's faces.

The dinner was a mess. Both Logan and Archie competed in marking their territories on Rory. Logan kept mentioning the past; Rory's favorite, Rory's old habits, Rory's funny moments, while Archie kept bringing up new ones, and pointing up the facts that Rory has changed. Logan felt completely dumbfounded that there are a lot about Rory that he doesn't know. So he played the family card. He showed off of how close he is with Rory's family and how he knew the people in Stars Hollow, in which of course, Archie wouldn't know. But Archie soon countered with his plan for the future, how he envisioned his life will be and hinted that he saves Rory a spot there. Rory participated in the conversation at first, but gave up after a brief moment, realizing that this was not her fight. So she enjoyed her chicken msachen in silence.

Not long after they finished their main course, Archie excused himself to the restroom. Logan sighed in relief, he's so tired of the polite word play claiming the spot in Rory's life with Archie. He needed a break.

Rory shot him a glare.

"What?"

"Don't play dumb, Logan. You're being a jerk."

"I'm not. He's being a jerk. He tries to push me aside all night!" He said in defense.

"You both are acting like cavemen! With me being the trophy! I don't like being a trophy, Logan! I'm not an object!" She scolded him.

"I don't like him, Rory!"

"I'm sorry, how is your personal opinion has a right to affect my life?"

"He's a jerk! I don't like him!"

He felt like he's being twenty again, arguing with repeated sentences and limited vocabulary.

"He's a nice guy! At least until you showed up,"

"See? A true gentleman will still be a gentleman under any circumstances,"

"That makes you not a gentleman,"