First Steps (not really)

A week later...

"You sure you can stand on your own?" Kat carries me with her arm slung around the middle of my chest and hip. A grumble escapes my chapped lips due to lack of hydration.

"Of course I can," I slowly push her away with my index finger but she still hangs on. "Let go!"

"I don't want you to fall," She blankly stares at me. "Take it one step at a time though and I'll be waiting out here." She steps out of my room.

I nod and slowly straighten my back. With the agonizing pain aching in me, it's hard but I still try my best to walk straight. Being back home feels great, but what still worries me is Ace. The pain stabs back each step I take. Who knew small wounds make a big impact?!

"Bruh, y/n! Hurry up!" Elias gets impatient and balls his fists. The tension gets stronger the longer their eyes lay on me.

"Shut up!" Kat pushes the tall man out of the way. He huffs and walks downstairs. "C'mon, y/n. Take your time."

My feet become spaghetti noodles and the pain still attacks me. But I still try to walk out of the room. Just a couple more steps and I'm out!

"What the heck?!" Elias shouts from the kitchen bellow. "Y/n, I THOUGHT YOU HAD OREOS IN THE CABINET! DID YOU FINI-"

"ELIAS GOSH DARN IT SHUT UP FOR GOD'S SAKE!" Kat yells at the top of her lungs. Jeez, I wonder how she accepts Elias being the leader of Hotshot Bullets.

A couple more steps are made and I'm finally out! I fist pump the air in celebration. Kat does a silent victory yells and engulfs me in a bear hug.

"Eyyyyyyyy ya did it!!!" She smiles. A chuckle escapes my lips and we pull away. "We should continue with the collab now."

"B-but what about Ace?!" I tremble and think about how worried I am about Ace being stuck in jail. Oh, how I miss him. I really do. Just him being here in front of my eyes just gives me a warm feeling inside, like I need him.

I just want to be in his arms forever. Just the two of us.

"That's another thing I figured out on how to fix it," the short brunette turns around and heads to my door. "Don't forget you bass!"

The door opens with a creek! and her footsteps fade away into the open world. I walk back into my room and sling my bass guitar over my shoulder. My feet struggle to take me downstairs with the extra weight but the pain isn't that bad. Unlike before, I can now walk with my back straight!

"Disappointment," was all that came out of Elias's lips as I walk to the door and put my shoes on. He rolls his eyes and leaves the door open for me with an empty stomach. Soon after that, I exit the house and lock the doors. Elias waits for me with Kat in the car. Once again, he's the driver.

Kong Studios

"Hey, babygirl!" Russel emerges the studio's doors and so did the others. We all stay outside instead of going inside somehow. The smell of pastries from the nearby bakery linger into my nostrils, making my mouth water and head empty.

"Y/n, your hip looks horrible," 2D exclaims and leans down to get a closer look. He somehow tries to touch it but I instantly slap his hand away.

"Where's the rest of the band?" Noodle cocks her head to the side. Kat whispers something in her ear and Noodle nods in realization after that.

"Y/n, we're going somewhere with the band and I hope you will enjoy it," Kat rubs my back and smiles into my soulless eyes with sympathy. Too many things happened ever since I met Ace and... and I'm thankful it all happened.

"Where ARE we going?" I look around at my friends for answers. Elias sighs and pulls me closer.

"You, my friend, are going to see a special someone," he says. "All ya gotta do is hop in the car and BOOM. We're there."

"Holy sh- are we actually gonna see Ace?" I lightly gasp with a small amount of hope in my eyes. Elias smiles and nods.

"It's the truth. Now get in the car because the earlier we get there, the more time you get to spend time with him," he heads to the drivers seat and the Gorillaz head to their car.

My heart palpitates as I get closer to the car. Sweat wells down my cheeks as they get warmer like the Summer sky. I'm gonna see Ace in jail!