Chapter 36: Seventh Heaven

*Schnee manor, the next morning...*

The sound of slow and heavy footsteps could be echoed throughout the empty halls of the mansion as— 'Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm tired as shit from a surprise orgy last night, let's just be blunt here.' Dressed up in clothing that Lucy picked out for him last night after showering, he was glad it wasn't his royal outfit as usual.

"I'm gonna be honest...having a harem is rough with it's downsides sometimes." Azrael muttered, turning around another corner to finally see the entrance to the dining room. Deciding not to stalk forward tiredly like a zombie, he zoomed down the hall as if he just broken multiple sound barriers with absolute ease.

Now inside, the prince looked around and admired the new decorations in the room that was set up and such. It looked more welcoming than it did before, then again it could be said for the majority of the manor now. "Morning." Turning around, he finally noticed a casually clothed Adam sitting down with a plate of food and coffee. Though, what caught Azrael's eyes was a laptop that had a Schnee symbol on it.

"Yo." He greeted back, waving his hand. "I take it that you found that around here?" Pointing towards the laptop, Adam merely shook his head. "No, Winter gave it to me after last night." The redhead answered, taking a sip of his coffee. "Oh, she's willing to give you stuff after getting into her panties huh? You sly bull, didn't know you had it in you."

Azrael joked, somewhat getting a laugh from the redhead. "Well, it didn't happen just like that. Me and her talked and got to know one another while you were sleeping." Adam clarified, getting an understanding nod from the prince. "Oh, alright then. I suppose you two—"

"Then we had sex last night."

"And there it is..." Azrael sighed, somewhat chuckling at the sudden answer. "Anyways, I'm assuming that some of the servants here made breakfast already?" There was yet another head shake, slightly throwing the prince off. "Klein and the others didn't because I suggested they take some time off. As for breakfast, I made enough for everyone."

"Since when were you able to cook?" Azrael wondered, disappearing and reappearing with his own plate of food. "Since I was a kid. It's a basic skill that should be learned in order to provide for yourself. If you can't, then who else will?" Adam casually explained, getting an agreeing nod.

"Words to live by, anywho—" Now eating some French toast and bacon; he immediately froze at the taste then slowly looked at the Faunus who dawned a concerned expression. "This shit doesn't taste basic, this is some gourmet cooking! Is there something from your past I should know about?"

Hearing this made the horned redhead slightly sigh at talking about his personal life. "Well... growing up, I was honing my skills and all for that revenge stuff against my parents killers and the man that branded me. Outside of that however, I did a bit of odd jobs for dust and lien to get by, giving me talents at a few other things."

"So you actually had a life outside of the White Fang... or at least before it." Azrael deduced, getting a nod in response. "Yeah, unfortunately a certain company only seen me as a means to an end and wanted me out of the picture, regardless of me just to trying to earn money like everyone else. To hell with them for all I care." Adam scoffed before taking another sip from his coffee. "Yeah, but with me in charge of the SDC, I'm gonna change things for the better."

After saying this, Azrael wasn't expecting a confused reaction from the redhead that lowered his cup. "The SDC? I wasn't talking about them, Azrael." Adam clarified, setting his cup down. "Wait...what?" Azrael started, only to say "oh" when he recalled his aunt's words from last night.

"Yeah, I'm talking about Roosterteeth." Adam casually said, hearing a sigh in response from the prince. "Anyways, back to my odd jobs and cooking skills, I did jobs like kill grimm, be a bodyguard, take down drug cartels, almost all kinds of stuff. Then... I managed to get into a cooking school."