Chapter 38: Adam's training begins

*Schnee Manor, 7:30 P.M.*

After many hours of Azrael spending time with Willow, Lucy, and Esdeath, he was just laying there in the double king sized bed in the master bedroom; just simply looking at the ceiling with a dumbfounded expression.

'Esdeath and Lucy I get... but how was Willow able to go on for so long? Oh, right. Aura recharge.' Upon having this thought, he glanced at said woman that was currently cuddled up with him and along with the other two.

'Considering how much we slept and fucked all day, I think I might just pass out for the time be...I feel like I'm forgetting something.'

Just as he was about to close his eyes, he immediately widened them in realization. "Shit, Cloud gets here in half an hour." Considering how he was still being clung onto from both sides and Esdeath laying on top of him, this would be complicated for the average person—

Immediately flashing out of the bed, a clone was left in his place on it. Smiling to himself, he was finally free and had a low silver glow until his royal outfit was on him. 'Alright, time to greet the merc.'

*Some time before eight*

"Hey, Adam!" Azrael called out as he walked through the hallways, surprisingly not seeing the redhead present in the manor. "That's weird, I swore I've seen him around here just moments ago..." Upon saying that, he was slightly caught off guard by the sound of a door opening behind him.

"Oh, there you are. I take it you were getting ready?" He asked, now seeing Adam with a spiky but rather slightly combed back hairstyle. "You could say that, Ruby and Weiss were going back in forth about what outfit I should wear." The redhead explained, getting an understanding nod in response. "That explains why your hair looks more like Vergil's?" Azrael asked, pointing with his finger.

"To be fair, three and four are Ruby's favorite games. So it explains why my hair is currently a little similar." Now turning on their heels, the duo began making their way towards the entrance. "I've been meaning to ask something. Well, more so a question that Ruby has for you." Adam spoke, getting a side glance from Azrael.

"Actually, I have a question of my own too. How come she still isn't mentally traumatized from all that's happened?" Azrael asked.

"She still is... even the little ice queen is affected in someway as well. The only reason Ruby seems fine is because she has us and her here, so it'll definitely take some time before she's fine again." Adam explained, hearing a "Hmm." from Azrael.

"Still thinking about taking Ruby to that therapist of yours, considering how she hates this world?"  Adam asked.

"I...don't know. Frankly, I myself don't know why team RWBY had that fight. I only looked at some of the memories and others were locked up since the poor kid was trying block everything out." Upon saying this, he didn't expect Adam to stop in his tracks and look directly at the prince with a surprised expression. "...What?" Azrael asked.

"Y-...you don't know what happened?" Adam asked.

"No? I take it that some bad things happened after volume six. I only know of her being a part of lying to Ironwood and something called as above, so below. Or whatever it's called with the Schnee's. Pushing that aside, what all happened in seven or eight?" Azrael asked again, only to see the Faunus's eyes go to the size of pinpricks.

"You don't want to know, Azrael." Adam cautiously said, getting an arched eyebrow in response. "Why?"

"There are some things better left unsaid, these are one of those things. Trust me on this, you wouldn't want to know." Adam explained in a grave tone, seeing the prince dawn a concerned expression. "Alright, fine. I won't push for more info." Now walking again, albeit a slower pace, the two took note of any portrait that had Jacques in them were gone, thanks to Willow and Adam.