Chapter 15: Can I get uhh B O N E L E S S-

*The void*

After hearing that he might lose his life in here, Jaune immediately drew his sword and blocked a punch, using the flat side of the blade which is now cracked. "Not bad, you have good reaction time or you got lucky. However..."

Azrael grabbed the blade and shattered it before landing a palm strike on the blonde's chest, also destroying the armor on his body, except for on the arms. "Tell me something, why did you forge your transcripts? Why didn't you simply train yourself and do this the right way and then come to the school?"

He asked as he slowly walked towards the blonde who slowly got to his feet while taking ragged breaths and converting his sheath into a shield. "You come here with no experience and potentially could end up getting yourself or your teammates killed because of that."

Suddenly, Jaune felt himself being pulled towards the other teen by an invisible force and was kicked right in the stomach, forcing him to cough up blood. "I wouldn't call that leadership quality."

Taking this opportunity, Jaune grabbed Azrael's leg with one hand and reached to bash him in the face with his shield. Unfortunately, it was blocked by an index finger. And to add insult to injury, the shield began to disintegrate into literally dust. "Heirloom is gone, kid. But, I do notice that determined look you got."

Grabbing him by the face, Azrael picked him up and smashed him back down, hearing cracking and crunching sounds.

"....Did I just... shit, he's dead. Time to revive him."

After doing that, Jaune immediately sat up breathing hard as if he was just in a nightmare. "Hey, dumbass and rainbows." Looking back at Azrael who had a sheepish face, the blonde almost screamed and backed up as if he went inside another grimm cave. "Just calm down for a moment, we're gonna resume the training but answer my questions from earlier first."

Seeing as how he had no other choice, the poor Arc began to explain how he just wanted to help and protect others, even if it meant achieving that chance in a way that was looked down upon or not legal.

"Despite that and all I know about you, you've got guts and honor, plus a good heart." Standing up, Azrael reached down to offer a hand to Jaune and smiled for a moment. "Sorry about earlier, I had to test you. And here you are."

Holding his right hand out, the hilt of Jaune's shattered sword flew into his hand. Suddenly, it began to glow and take on a slimmer shape. The blade began reforming but it was curved instead of double edged. When the glowing stopped, it was revealed to be a razor edged katana with the handle being black and gold with his family symbols on the guard.

"I still don't know how to use a sword properly." Azrael almost snickered at the sudden statement and shook his head in response. "You'll learn as I help you hone your skills. And I want you to remember that I'm doing this so you'll be caught up with everyone else."

He then placed the katana in Arc's hand and decided to backpedal a little. "I'll go easy on you this time, so let's start with the basics on how to use that sword of yours." Azrael said while forming a katana of his own with glowing crystallized shards around the sheath.

"Right, lets... do this I guess?" Jaune said unsurely while holding the upgraded Crocea Mors.

*Later in the void*

"What is it with you stabbing me every time I make a joke?! At least it's not the jokes that Yang would make!" Jaune yelled while using his sword as a cane since he's battered and bruised with blood all over himself.

"I... You know, that's actually a good point. But no hard feelings, I'm only focused on getting you stronger but thanks for trying to be a jokester." Azrael responded while glowing, healing the blonde in the process. "I guess I can take that since I really need... Well, this. But if you don't mind me asking, how long have we been here? I have lots of hairs on my face." Jaune asked, falling on his butt with a thud.