Chapter 20: Wait, this didn't happen in the show

*Beacon Academy, hallway leading to Goodwitch's class, four hours later*

To say that today was exhausting for our prince, was an understatement to quite a degree. He had Jacques taken care of, almost dealt with an angry maiden, got lectured by Adam of all people; that pizza is not healthy for a morning breakfast, knocked Weiss down quite a few pegs, made the council his bitches, and will have to eventually deal with the Schnee sisters...or whole family for that matter.

'Epic foreshadowing. Shame I had to do that to Weiss though, she became my favorite character later on.' Azrael thought, walking past the students who still either gawked or took photos of him. At this rate, he wouldn't be surprised if someone made a shrine of him...I take that back, he'd probably be scared. 'Oh, you think?! I already have too much on my plate here so hell no.' Hey, I could just make you end up doing something bizarre or bring up something you forgot about.

'What, you're gonna turn this into something that revolves around Jaune like every other fan fiction? Ooh, how about you have him bang cross dresser or Winter. Better yet, how about you take a shit on bumbl—'

'Err...is this what goes on in your head?'

......

'......'

'I still have that mental conne...Salem, how long were you listening in on my thoughts?'

'Ever since yesterday, actually. Your thoughts and conversations are strange but entertaining.'

Luckily, Azrael was used to weird situations like these, considering that he dealt with it from his friends and family but not former immortal grimm witches. 'That's...yeah, I got nothing. Still, I don't see how any of this is bizarre yet.' As he finally walked inside the classroom, there weren't many students inside but a familiar face popped up in the room.

'Well, with me and Ozma—I mean Ozpin, we're only decent friends at the very moment. Other than that, you have my gratitude for even killing the brother gods.' Salem responded thankfully, while Azrael sat down in a chair propped one leg over the other. 'Yeah no sweat, but where are you going with this?'

'I was gonna note that you seem to have plans for the Schnee's and the white fang. However, what of Cinder? She knows who you are now, due to your...skills. And more than likely, she doesn't know that you killed my faction yet.'

'Don't worry, I know two people that may want a crack at her. Now is that all?' He internally asked, relaxing in his seat while staring up at the ceiling. 'Yes actually, are you eighteen?' This very question caused him to open his eyes up widely and almost yell from shock.

But instead, he decided to immediately pull out his regular phone instead of his scroll and dialed a number. "Azrael, hey! What's up, everything alright?" It turned out to be his older brother, Dre. "Yeah, can you do me a little favor? Remember the blonde lady from yesterday?" There was a small silence between the two.

"If she's causing a problem for you, just use the mortal blade." This made Azrael face palm momentarily. "Dude, she's practically asking me to fulfill her needs. I have enough going on as is, and I'd rather not have Lucy go on a killing spree here." He whispered, trying not to say Lucy's name too loud for others to hear. "Alright, dark and gloomy castle, right?"

"Nah, Beacon. Tallest tower with an office that has gears in it, have fun." Now hanging up and cutting his connection to Salem, he put his phone away and seen two students practice sparring on the stage. One was revealed to be Ruby and the other was Jaune, who seemed to be dodging and parrying the strikes of crescent rose with his katana, crocea mors in its sheath.

'It's good to see that I taught the bastard well; wait, if Ruby's here, then that must mean...' Not finishing that thought, he looked around in search for her team and saw that they were a few rows down from him. It wouldn't take long for them to eventually look back and see him. 'I'm just gonna nap here till class starts.'

*thirty minutes later*

"Good afternoon everyone." Glynda Goodwitch greeted her class as the students took their seats. This prompted Azrael to crack open one of his eyes and see what's going on.

"Headmaster Ozpin has made a surprise visit and will be spectating the matches today. In addition, we will have a new rule in play for today: the winner of each match will move on to fight the next opponent. The contestant with the most wins will receive a small prize of five thousand lien."

Many students in the stands started talking amongst themselves at this. Many were annoyed that they had to do more work, some of the weaker students groaned in annoyance, while a majority of the others started assuming that Azrael would win. 'Wait, This didn't happen in the show...What's going on here, some bet between Ozpin and the professors?'

"Now with that said, let start." Glynda said as she slid a finger along her scroll to start the selection for the match. "First up, we have... Yang Xiao Long."

"Yay!" Said huntress cheered as she fist bumped up into the air.

"And your opponent will be... Azrael Lucis Priem." Glynda called out, only to sense large amounts of killing intent wash over her well being. The prince on the other hand, was responsible for that, considering that he was revealed. 'Ozpin and Goodwitch wouldn't be stupid enough to do this, this leaves only Salem. However, I'll humor everyone for now and play this game.'

With people wondering who even has the name Azrael, said prince rose up and made his way towards the stage, to shock nearly everyone once more as he stood in opposition of the blonde brawler. "So...I guess it'd be pointless to call you JD then." Yang cautiously noted, remembering just about what he's capable of doing.

"Well, Jason Dakota was once my actual name. So I wasn't outright lying to you and your group." He said, merely glancing at the dead silent audience. "But I'll give you this chance right now, forfeit. I don't want to hurt you and your friends with the skills I have, it'd just end up with you lot as a bloody paste. You've seen what I'm capable of doing, be smart and sit this out."

"Nah, I think I'm good. Besides, I'm not really a scrub like Cardin and his team. Plus, you already told my group how your powers work." Yang responded, getting into a boxing stance as her eyes went from violet to red. "Seriously, I'm trying to be generous here." Azrael could only stare as Yang stubbornly didn't move from her spot.

"Big fella about to kill you, don't do it!" A random student in the stands shouted, getting the prince's attention. "Wait, you referring to me or big fella across from me?" Right as he asked that, he felt the temperature in the room suddenly skyrocket and glanced over to see that it was Yang with her semblance active.

"Alright, there goes the negotiating. I'm about to do you worse than Neji did his own cousin." Now glancing over towards Glynda, he nodded.

"Begin!"

Right as Yang was about to rush the prince to give him a fury of punches, she stayed right in place. Why exactly? There was multiple floating blades with shards of crystals surrounding her very well being. "Make a move, I'll turn this into a murder scene."

Now walking towards the stiff but still blonde, Azrael stood pretty close to her as she glared at him with her red eyes. "I warned you. Keep this in mind, sweetie. There will always be people who're stronger than you, damned meat head."

Raising his hand up to the level of her face, the blades immediately disappeared and immediately smashed his fist into Yang's face, knocking her into a wall with her aura depleted and being bloodied up. "Alright, someone get her to an infirmary or use your aura to heal her."

"...Winner is Azrael." Glynda announced, trying not to apply logic to any of this. With that, the prince suddenly pulled out a glowing gun that resembled a desert eagle and pointed in the air with his back to the audience. With that, he shot a round into the air with a bullet shell hitting the ground.

"Yatta."