Chapter 11: Can't fear your own world

*Soul Society, meeting hall*

"Hey, hey, let's all relax for a second and just talk for a moment and deal with this diplomatically instead of trying to take this guy's head off." Azrael said, trying to bring down the tension by standing in front of Ginjo.

"You will speak when spoken to, you have no title or rank to speak so casually to u-" Looking to his left, he stared directly at the small white haired captain and blinked slowly. So he decided to mess with him.

"Aren't you abit young to be a captain, kid?"

This caused some of the other captains to snicker with the exceptions of Toshiro who was red from anger, Soifon who was oddly staring at the prince, Sajin, Unohanna, and Kenpachi who still looked bored.

"By the way, just in case you bring up the fact that you're actually pretty old, doesn't justify how pitifully fucking weak you are; considering your track record of losing and barely winning your fights, Toshiro." The teenage prince said with a polite smile, getting surprised looks from just about everyone in the room, even Ginjo was taken off guard.

Before the white head could even respond, a loud banging noise of a cane hitting the ground had gotten their attention. "We're not here to listen to petty insults between children. What we really want to know is why did you bring Ginjo Kugo here and if the threat really is true!"

The old head captain boomed with authority, immediately ceasing the potential fight between Azrael and Toshiro. "He's here because I want to get his charges against him dropped. And yeah, the Quincy king will be back within a few weeks to a month. And to be quite honest, a good amount of you would've died if I haven't shown up."

Azrael explained, causing everyone to look at him in shock, excluding Ichigo who had a look of confusion. 

"Hey, kid."

Glancing over, the voice belonged to a captain who had a loose neck tie on, Shinji Hirako. "Listen, you seem smart for your age and abit witty like strawberry over there."

"Hey!" Ichigo nearly shouted in annoyance.

"But do you know what Ginjo has done while he was a soul reaper?! He's done heinous crimes such as-"

"Stole soul reapers, just as he planned to do to Ichigo, I know."JD then noticed how the orange headed teen was slowly reaching for his small zangetsu blade on his hip along with Kiskue losing all humor and gripping his cane to draw benihime and Yoruichi preparing to snap the Ginjo's neck.

"Enough of... what is your name again?" Another captain asked, which was revealed to be Kensei as he looked at the teen. "Azrael Lucis Priem, second prince of Septar and third in line to the throne." After saying that, this piqued Yoruichi's interest along with a stoic captain who reserved his emotions but decided to ask later since everyone in the room was focused on Ginjo.

"Ginjo Kugo, since you were brought back to the soul society with also a ridiculous request from the young man, what makes you think you're deserving of that and shouldn't be put to death, here and now?" Yamamoto asked the former substitute soul reaper who still had a scowl on his face.

"First thing is, only central 46 can do that. Second, it doesn't change what happened in the past. And third, the soul reaper pass you gave me." Pulling out the chained pass from his pocket, he held it in the air in front of Ichigo who had a look of shock. "Captain Ukitake gave us the passes not out of seeing us as allies, Kurosaki."

Turning towards Ichigo who was on guard while explaining. "We only had these because they wanted to keep us under control. These things, they were made by the research and development department that listen in on our conversations and take portions of our spiritual pressure. These things wouldn't be recognized by other soul reapers, Ichigo. You've been played just like I have."