Chapter 35: The only bumblebee I like is from Transformers

"Hey guys! Just wanted to say hi since I'm not getting much screen time here. On the bright side, I'm glad you all got this far! Even that scary Esdeath lady feels the same too. Also, just a reminder... FUCK VOLUME FIVE AND THE WRITERS FOR NOT GIVING ME ACTUAL CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!"

-Possibly resigned frustrated leader of team RWBY, Ruby Rose.

*Atlas, Schnee Manor, a few minutes later after Esdeath practically tackled Azrael*

After having that little make out session with luckily no one walking upon the scene, the two had gotten up and dusted themselves off. "I'm glad that you're alright, along with being able to move around." Esdeath said, currently holding Azrael in what would be considered a death like squeezing hug to a normal person.

"Yeah... same here." He responded, causing the blue head to lessen her grip and stare up at him dawning an unreadable face. "What's wrong?" Esdeath had asked, concern now evident in her voice and expression. Before Azrael could even answer the question, he felt the file that he held was grabbed from his hand and in Esdeath's grasp, after she had released her hold of him.

"Oh. I see that you've met...her." She trailed off, unsure of what to do at this moment. "You are definitely not cheap, that's one thing for sure." He commented, hearing a small embarrassed laugh that turned into a groan as she slowly hid her face on his chest to not show her bashful expression. "I probably don't need to go into detail, huh?" Azrael asked, feeling her now shake her head in silence.

"Okay, sure you might've gave her hell for almost ten years straight but she still holds you in high regards....despite some property damage—" now feeling a finger pressed against his lips, he looked down to see Esdeath staring back up at him with a deadpan stare. "Please. Don't. Remind me."

This prompted Azrael to almost laugh but he decided to keep his mouth shut instead. "I also met your aunt, during one of the sessions." Esdeath admitted, getting a surprised expression from the prince. "You're probably wondering why I never said anything about it. I didn't know how to go about explaining that to you, along with..."

"The hearing, I know. Darcia gave me the whole rundown. Though, you meeting my aunt during one of the sessions I'm assuming, does that mean that she knew and never told me—"

"No, only I and Darcia knew. I had her promise to keep it between us until you were ready. " She clarified, now seeing Azrael dawn an unreadable expression, which was odd to her. "You might be wondering why I didn't say a word about any of that before Lucy introduced herself, right?"

There was a small moment of silence, which caused some slight discomfort for Esdeath. "Walk with me for a moment." Now grabbing and gently pulling on the deity's hand to walk with her, Azrael easily complied and walked beside her. "In all honesty, I didn't know how you would react to being told about the hearing. Also, along with us hav—..."

"Esdeath?"

"It's...nothing, forget that last part for right now." She said, getting a concerned look in response. "I'll tell you when the time is right, I promise." Getting an understanding nod after a few moments, a small smile formed on her face. "Now then, back to before, you already know the specific details between you and the capital?"

"Yeah, I'm a controversial figure after ten long years. I take it that the other nations wouldn't be happy to see me?" Azrael asked, getting a head shake in response. "Actually, they would be. Other countries have you on a pedestal, even the third world ones as well." Esdeath clarified, again.

"That being the case, they don't hate me while probably half of the capital city does because...?"

"Well, it's simple really. You did technically save the world. As for the other nations view since you ended as much wars as possible and quite some reforming during your time as a temporal Emperor, it was a question of taking a life to save countless more. Meanwhile in the city, it's a question of morality." Esdeath explained, getting a silent nod from Azrael.