Chapter 37: BLACKED

*Schnee Manor, Azrael's office, 12:30 P.M.*

Four and half hours had passed since the prince had decided to take a nap with Willow using him as a body pillow. As they slept, they were bound to be in for a surprise by the time they woke up. Well... when they wake up at least.

Slowly opening his eyes, Azrael quietly yawned to not wake the currently snoozing Schnee that was on him. However, he realized there was another weight on him and moved his head up just slightly to have blue hair in his face. 'Looks like I was right with Esdeath coming in here...and thankfully, I'm not naked.' Pushing that thought aside, he did wonder if anyone else in the manor besides probably Adam was awake.

*Meanwhile with Adam, courtyard*

The sounds of hard breathing and huffing could be heard from a currently tired and frustrated redhead with unkempt hair. How is it that he isn't bothered by the cold winds of Atlas, possibly rage perhaps? What ever could be the cause of that—

"Damnit, DAMNIT, DAMNIT!" He snapped, punching the ground and causing a large amount of spider webbed cracks to form on the ground. For the past few hours, Adam was trying to perfect his swordsmanship skills of iaidō and multi task that with trying to figure out his magic that was granted by Azrael.

"Two weeks later, I still can't figure this magic mess out. Not to mention, literally having a damned death match with a prick that wants to kill me for my shame." Recalling Sephiroth's words from earlier, he came to realize that the man had a point and looked back on all that happened in his life.

"Shame..." Now falling onto his bottom, he stabbed the yamato into the ground and stared at the glowing red blade with some sparks of electricity surging here and there around it. Glancing at the rose symbols on the guard, he slowly sighed to himself after calming down.

"It's been a while since I did this, hope no one's listening." Seeing as how no one around but him is currently present, he looked back at the glowing blade and breathed in then out.

*Cue OST: Beneath the mask (Instrumental) -Persona 5*

"...Hey Mom, hey Dad. I know it's been a awhile since I last talked about all that's happened. Trust me, I've had my hands full from being with what you'd both probably say, friends with these people. Most of them aren't from here, but I guess you two already knew that."

Adam spoke, almost chuckling at what he's saying. "Somehow being best friends with who I at first thought was a human, but actually a prince god or whatever he is from space. Then comes Amber who's a maiden who I thought was just fictional, nonetheless she's like the mom friend of this group. She does remind me a little bit of you, Mom. That Esdeath lady... here I thought I was the hard ass. She has me beat, probably in more ways than I could count with my fingers."

He explained, visualizing a chibi version of the ice queen with devil horns and a tail, chasing the poor redhead with a pitchfork made from ice. "But... she isn't all bad though. She has her own way of caring about us, even me in a surprising way. Although, she'd deny caring at the toss of a hat or probably pretend I'm not even here."

He said that last sentence in a deadpan voice, scratching the back of his head and shaking off any snow that was on him. Adam almost bitterly laughed for a moment.

"Don't get me started on White, although we call her 1C. She's still personally learning about humanity and how they function, I at least got over her and that A2 for accidentally crippling me for a bit. To this day, I still wonder how things would've turned out if I didn't make it off that bunker." The Faunus curiously mused, remembering the escape from the female androids turned half human cyborgs.