Chapter 5

Season 4 Episode 5(Internment);

I continue coughing, so I got no sleep, which I desperately needed. I've been sleeping almost all day, but that's not the point. I got up out of bed watching as Sasha, Glenn, and Hershel were trying to help Emmet breath.

I couldn't hear anything they were saying all I know Is, something about spaghetti Tuesday.

I laughed to myself a bit at the spaghetti thing. Then went back to my bed to lay down as I continued coughing.

I then heard footsteps coming from outside my cell, I saw a little girl pass my cell with a book. I have always been a book freak. "Hey, little girl." I said weakly sitting up from my bed. She walked into my cell looking at me strangely.

"What book are you reading?" I asked looking at the book in her hand. "Tom Sawyer. Mr. Hershel told me to read it." I laughed a bit, this girl is strange. I then began to cough pretty hard. "Don't worry miss, you'll come back once you die." She then left.

I rose an eyebrow laying back down holding on to one of the crackers Carl gave to Hershel. To give to me. All I wanted to do was be with Carl, but instead I'm dying in this cell. Alone.

I eventually fell asleep next to one of the crackers.

I woke up to the fire of a gunshot. I jolted up, I ran to my cell door opening it and running out pushing Henry away from the strange girl causing him to fall on top of a cage.

"Scarlet take Lizzie in your cell and close the door!" Hershel yelled.

I grabbed Lizzie's arm pulling her into my cell closing the door watching as Hershel ran to Dr. S cell grabbing a gun shooting any walker that was trying to get to him. Me and Lizzie both watched as Hershel struggled to get the air pump off of Henry.

"Hershel be careful!" I yelled through the cell. When I heard glass break am Maggie came rushing in to help Hershel, Maggie then shot Henry helping Hershel patch up Glenn.

After a while I let Lizzie out and began to lay down again feeling the dizziness return.

A few minutes later Carl came rushing into my cell cradling me in his arms as I drank the medication that Daryl, Michonne, Tyreese, and Bob brought back.

"Everything is going to be okay." Carl said to me as I slept in his arms once I took my medication.

——————————————————————————————————————————-

Once I woke up I realized Carl had fallen asleep with me.

I leaned up and kissed his cheek, he stirred a bit then opened his beautiful eyes, "I'm going to go get some air." I said sitting up in the bed.

"Yea, I should probably go help my dad with some of the crops." He said putting his hat back on his head.

"Will I see you later?" I asked him holding his hand walking towards the exit.

He nodded his head kissing my cheek this time and turning towards the doors.

"Don't get hurt." He called to me.

"I'll try not to." I yelled back with a slight smile as I walked out of the prison doors for the first time since I was sick.