Twenty Six

Hello everyone! We're coming up on the last few chapters for this story. It is both a happy and sad time for me considering this will be the first original story that I've completed. The good news is that there will be more to come. Though the rest of this series will not revolve around the same club, the characters will be mentioned and make guest appearances in the other stories to follow. Just so you know what to keep your eyes out for I do plan for two more books to be intertwined with this one and you will see those clubs and some of their members mentioned in the next few chapters. I cannot express the amount of gratitude I feel toward everyone of you that reads, comments, and votes on this story. I love you all so much, thank you for your support! 

Ghost had spent days trying to track down any sign of Kimber or the Devils. Boogie and Whiskey hadn't been able to get a location out of her ex before they killed him and that left him searching for a needle in a haystack. All phone numbers on any sort of database for the Devils had been disconnected, any listed properties under any of the members had been abandoned and there was no sign of Kimber anywhere. Prez had become so desperate that he was sending groups of men out in shifts to drive around the town looking for a Devils patch or anything else that would point them in the right direction. Whiskey had reached out to the clubs in the surrounding areas that they were friendly with, hoping that if Drac had decided to leave town that he would be caught. Even after all of that they were still coming up empty handed.

The club's tech guru had multiple programs running nonstop, tracking anything from their phone numbers to any of the bank accounts he could find, though there were only few of those. One of the large disadvantages to how he normally worked was that most people used credit or debit cards on a daily basis, but considering the type of business most clubs were into it was rare that a member would even have a legitimate bank account under their name. He had spent days staring at any of the information found, but was still coming up with nothing. It was driving him mad. Rage and panic were really the only things keeping the club moving right now. If it had been anyone else they probably would have given up by now.

Thankfully there was a bit of good news to lighten the mood, as much as it could be at least. Derrick had been cleared to ride by Doc two days ago and had been on the move constantly since. Even if he was told not to, he made himself part of every search group that went out. It was clear that he felt responsible for the fact that Kimber was gone and the guilt of it was eating away at him. No matter how many times he was told that there was no blame coming from anyone in the club, he still wouldn't let it go and he probably wouldn't be able to until she was brought home.

Ghost pushed the thoughts out of his head and closed his eyes. The staring contest he had been having with his computer monitors was giving him a headache and the worry he now felt for his cousin was only adding to it. Sure, he knew shit would hit the fan here or there and had warned Derrick of that before he began to prospect, but the kid looked like shit and he knew that he wasn't sleeping either. Though he was only older than Derrick by four years he had been watching out for his baby cousin since the kid was born. They had both been only children and bonded more like brothers than cousins. He was contemplating going to talk to the prospect again when his door was thrown open by Whiskey with a wild look in his eye.

"Hold on," Whiskey spoke into the phone he had to his ear as he approached Ghost's desk,"I'm with Ghost now." He quickly turned the device on to speaker mode before setting it down in between them on the old wooden desk. "Alright, Val, what was that location?"

Val was the president of a neighboring club, one of the few that Whiskey had contacted to keep their eyes open for signs of the Devils or Kimber. "It's just past the fifty mile marker on highway eighty-seven." Her voice drifted over the speaker, "Looks like a new subdivision. We saw some bikes heading into it, but we couldn't stop. I have a shipment in the back."