Chapter 63

Previously...

When he was done he came to bed and I turned to face him.

"Good night, love." He said quietly and I slightly smiled and then he closed his eyes. I smiled again, then sighed and moved closer to him and he opened one eye, smiled and put his hand around me.

"Good night, Draco." I said quietly and then we both fell asleep...

Now... 

On the next day, we were all doing our own stuff until we had a free period. It was all fine until Harry started being dramatic little s*it.

"You did everything you could." Ron said when him, me, Hermione and Harry were walking on the bridge. Talking about the DA...and also that Dumbledore disappeared. 

"Harry, don't you get it? No one can win against this old pink toad. You did nothing wrong." I said and Hermione and Ron nodded, while Harry just sighed and continued to walk.

"Even Dumbledore didn't see any of this coming. Harry...if it's anyone's fault, it's ours." Hermione said and we nodded.

"Yeah, we talked you into it." Ron said and then all of us finally stopped.

"Yeah, but I agreed," Harry said looking at the view in front of us and then turning around to face us.

"I tried so hard to help...and all it's done is making things worse. None of it really matters anymore." Harry said again and then turned back around to look at the view.

"Because...I don't want to play anymore, all it does it make you care too much, the more you care the more you have to lose. Maybe it's just better to-" Harry said again and I cut him off.

"Don't you dare to say you wanna do it alone, young man!" I threatened him and he smiled slightly.

"I better do it alone." Harry said and I sighed and then we heard a psst  sound coming...from the end of the bridge? I wasn't the only one who heard that, right? We all looked up and saw Hagrid.

"Hagrid?" Harry said and we all looked at Hagrid confusedly because he had a bloody cut on his face. Then he signalled for us to follow him...and well of course we did.

"Why are we going to the forest?" I asked Ron confusedly and he shrugged nervously.

"No idea. If he's going to tell us that we're going to visit his old pal Argog again I'm not coming. End of discussion." Ron said and I laughed quietly as we followed Hagrid, who was still not telling us why we're going to the forest...or where in the forest are we going.

After Harry asked him again he didn't answer and continued to walk, but we all stopped when we saw a stampede of centaurs. What's going on in here?

"I've never seen the centaurs so roiled! And they're dangerous at the best of times. If the ministry restricts their territory much more they're gonna have an uprising on their hands." Hagrid explained and I looked at all of them nervously.

"Bet it has something to do with the pink toad." I muttered and Hermione chuckled, shaking her head.

"Hagrid what's going on?" Hermione asked, getting serious again.

"I'm sorry to be so mysterious you four but, I wouldn't be bothering you at all but with Dumbledore gone...I'll likely be getting the sack any day now...And I, just couldn't leave without telling someone about him." Hagrid explained hesitantly, and the four of us stared at him confusedly.

Right after that, we all saw a giant...not a half-giant like Hagrid...but an actual giant. 

"Grawpy. Down here, you great buffoon. *Looked at us* Grawpy, I brought you some company." Hagrid said, and then this giant started to charge towards us. We all stepped back, and then it stopped, and we saw that he was tied up with a rope.