15: Born Ready

In the bathroom, I touch up my worn off foundation from the day before starting on my eye makeup for the night. I apply a small amount of eyeshadow and swipe liquid eyeliner across my upper lashline, creating a small wing, before applying pencil eyeliner to my lower lashline and a few coats of mascara to my lashes. When I decide that the wings on my eyes are even enough and feel as though I am somewhat happy with my makeup, I put on chapstick and wander into Shana's closet to pick out something of hers once again to wear.

I fish through the mountains of clothing, pulling out several items that catch my eye before finally deciding on a black skater dress with cut outs at the waist that looks somewhat flattering on me. I twirl for Shana as she walks into the room and she gives me a wide grin and thumbs up before dropping to the floor to find herself an outfit from the sea of clothes. I grab some bright blue wedges from Shana's shoe rack simply because I like the colour and leave the room to work on my hair which has been surprisingly managable today, grabbing my phone on my way through.

I sink into Shana's cushiony desk chair and drop my chosen shoes to the ground as I check my phone for messages. No new messages. I feel slightly disappointed that Jayden had nothing else to say but decide to let it go when I see that it's getting late already and we'll be leaving soon. I place my phone down on the desk, picking up Shana's already hot hair straightener and running it over my hair to smooth it slightly, but still leaving it with its natural wave.

When Shana walks back into the room wearing a white bralette crop top and a glittery skater skirt, I stand from her desk to let her do her hair and sit down on her bed to put my shoes on.

"Do you know who's coming tonight?" I ask, curious as to whether I'm going to have anyone to talk to if Shana leaves me again.

I'm not usually such a clingy person. In fact, I've learnt to be quite independent over the years. But when it comes to parties, I've never been good at talking to strangers. Not without a few drinks first, anyway.

"A bunch of people from school I guess. Apparently this guy has a huge place so it should be pretty cool."

I nod once and watch as Shana uses her straightener skillfully to create loose curls in her long blonde hair instead of her regular dead straight look. Her hair looks nicer this way, I think.

"Hey, maybe you could talk to that guy you have a massive hard on for," she looks at me in the reflection of the mirror and giggles as I feel my cheeks flush.

"I don't know who you're talking about," I put on my best poker face as I buckle the strap on my shoe and stand, walking over to pick up my bag. "Are you ready?" I ask, leaning on the door frame.

"Born ready," Shana stands up proudly and struts past me as I giggle at her cheesy line and follow her downstairs.

Shana pulls her small cooler bag from one of her kitchen cupboards and I take some of our usual drinks from her dad's mini fridge to put inside of it. I've always just assumed that Shana's father has dedicated that mini fridge to her. There's no way he doesn't notice the drinks missing every time his daugher goes to a party of some sort. There's also no way he drinks cherry vodka. It's as if he stocks it up for her voluntarily and she knows it, but neither of them say a word about it.

Would Landon really be there? I know that he's somewhat popular at school but I never thought of him as the party type. Then again, he's always been a mystery to me. That's one of the reasons why I can't get him out of my head. He's interesting to me.

Zipping up the cooler bag, Shana swings it over her shoulder playfully and I cringe as some of the bottles bounce around, making loud noises as they hit each other. She laughs softly at my reaction and I follow after her as she walks out to her car.

"Could you type this address into my GPS?" Shana asks, handing me her phone, and I nod before typing it into the expensive device her Dad bought her for her birthday last year.

Whoever's party this is lives in a fancy suburb, and I feel a burst of excitement to see what their house looks like. A ridiculously priced mansion, I assume. Shana climbs into the drivers seat and smiles at me greatfully as I type in the last few letters of the address and start the directions. I smile back as we pull out onto the street.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote and comment :)

fancyauthor xoxo