38: Best Milkshakes in the World

Deep brown eyes complimented by a shimmery copper eye shadow and a sharp black wing stare back at me when I glance into my bathroom mirror. I run my hands over my smooth black bralette top and tight black and white striped pencil skirt one last time before grabbing my phone, chap stick and perfume and tossing them into a small black clutch.

"Too slutty?" Shana raises an eyebrow before twirling around in front of me.

Her plunging pink halter top threatens to flash everything, but I assume that's what she's hoping for, and I want to ask if she can even walk properly in her tight black shorts which seem to suffocate her hips, but I decide to keep it to myself.

"Never," I smile in approval before walking past her to slip my feet into my chunky white heels.

"Wow, Skye," Shana's jaw falls open as I bend down to fasten my shoes. "You have curves?"

I laugh at her shocked expression as I stand up, significantly taller than before. I glance at myself in the full length mirror beside my desk and stare in shock at the way the horizontal stripes of my skirt seem to accentuate my hips.

"Apparently," I mumble, continuing to observe myself.

"You look amazing," Shana grins, looking me up and down.

"So do you," I smile in return. "We should go, though. We're already late for meeting at the diner."

"Let's go," Shana says enthusiastically before we head downstairs and pick up our hidden cooler from under the stairs.

"I'll be out pretty late, Mom," I call out to my mom who's in the kitchen. "I'll let you know if anything changes, though. Don't wait up."

"Okay, Skyelin. Not too late, though, I hope," she calls back. "Have a good night, girls."

"Thanks, Mrs Miller," Shana calls out past me before we head out to the bus stop.

The bus is overflowing with people dressed for a Friday night out when it finally arrives. Shana and I slide into the only two seats beside each other, a few rows back from the front.

"So, our stop is the first one," I remind Shana, digging through my clutch for my cell phone to check how late we are.

"Yep," Shana acknowledges me whilst applying an unnecessary extra coat of nude lipstick to her full lips.

The bus squeaks loudly as it rolls to a stop outside of a shopping complex. I thank the driver as Shana and I struggle to jump down from the platform and rush through the car park towards the brightly lit, classic diner. A bell sounds when we push open the door and I immediately spot Dani and Jayden sitting together at a booth near the back window. They seem to be in the middle of a conversation, but that doesn't seem to register with Shana.

"Stop stressing, we're here," she announces loudly, skipping towards the two of them as their heads turn.