Picnic

"Are you ready for Halloween?" Amy chirped happily as she lay on my bed with Rachel while they flipped through People magazine ogling at Ryan Gosling the whole time. 

"Yeah I guess, I'm sort of ready" I frowned slightly.

Rachel notices my frown and turns towards me "Hey whats with the frown?" she asked tentatively. "Halloween is our favorite holiday." She beams at me and turns back to the bowl of popcorn between her legs. 

I shrug "I don't know, it's kinda different this year with everything and all."

Amy nods, "That's true with being pregnant and all I can see how that could put a damper on your spirits..." Rachel shot her a glare and she immediately shut up.

"No Rach she's right." I get up as my phone starts ringing. I turn to look at the callers id and see Austin's face on the screen.

"Hello?" I ask suddenly, it was weird that Austin decided to call me so randomly even after we had just seen each other a while ago.

"I'm just calling to check up on you.. I miss you."

"I miss you too" I whisper and blush when Rachel gives me a weird look while I'm on the phone. 

'What?' I mouthed to her before I continued my conversation with Austin. 

She shrugged before leaning into Amy's shoulder to get a better look of the actor that Amy was gushing over now. 

"What are you up to?"

"Nothing really, just a little girls night in" 

"Sounds interesting but I hope your spending most of your time in that cozy little bed of yours." 

I nod my head and then I realized that he couldn't see me. "Of course" I smiled.

"I really can't wait to see you." 

"Same" I said low into the mouthpiece. Even though we had just seen each other it has become increasingly difficult to be away from him from more than a short amount of time. I found myself wanting to be with him all the time.

"Goodnight Sar." he said huskily and I replied with a goodnight of my own before we hung up. 

Amy and Rachel's eyebrows both rose up in a questioning manner. I sigh "What? What? What?" I ask repeatedly.

They both shrug, look at each other and say "Nothing."

"Ugh! I hate when you guys do that" 

I grabbed the remote from the floor and angrily switch the channel to CW so we can watch One Tree Hill. This is our favorite show so it should dissolve some of the tension in the room.

We watch One Tree Hill for a couple of hours before we head downstairs for dinner. I finish eating and go upstairs and I lie on the bed as Rachel and Amy watch Letters to Juliet. We get to the part where she finds the wall but then sleep takes me. 

...................................................................................................................................................................

"Wake up Sarah!" 

"No!" I mumble sleepily. 

"Come on! We're hungry!" Amy whines in my ear.

I swat her away. "Then go and eat"

After a while I don't hear them and I open one eye to look and see if they left... big mistake.

Amy looked at me with her signature puppy dog look and I sigh and push myself off my bed and walk to my closet and put on a T-shirt over my sports bra.