10 | 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬

CHAPTER 10

❝changes❞

|Y/n's pov|

How could he? He's so rude and horrible. I can't believe him. I thought we were going to be something one day. But I guess not. 

I was making my way to see Sarah. I went to her working place. I was in line and she saw me. She walked up to me. "Hey! Are you okay?" she asks. I sigh and say "well not really," I tell her. "Let's go outside," she tells me. We walk outside and we sit at a table. "So what happened?" Sarah asks. 

"Well I was with Jacob, we were gonna hang out or something but he then started saying things such as I'm understated and I'm like a stranger to him. I got mad of course because he's so sweet at first and then he's just so mean." I told her. "Well, I'm sorry that happened to you. All I need to say is you are not untrustworthy" Sarah tells me. 

I smile and say "thanks." She returns the smile and then says "Well I'm here to talk you know and we can hang out anytime, you know." "Well thank you mom" I reply. She laughs and I laugh too. "seriously though" she states. I smile and say "okay well what shall we do?!" I tell her doing my best to try to do a British accent. 

She chuckles and then takes off the hat she wears to work. "Let's find you a job," she tells me. 

We ended finding a job for me and I start tomorrow so that was great. Right? I was gonna work at a grocery store. I was on the couch eating some ice cream while watching a tv show. I hear the door open so I knew my dad was there. 

"Hey dad," I say. "Hello kiddo, how was your day?" he asks while sitting next to me. "hmm not that great. But I got a job!" I tell him. He laughs and says "you're excited cause you got a job?!" he tells me. I laugh and playfully punch him in his arm and say "hey! it's my first one and I think it will make me distract myself for a while." He chuckles and says "well that's nice. That you got a job. Your mom would've been proud that you're doing that."

 I smile and say "I hope so." I then get up and throw away the ice cream. I go to my room and then lay in my bed. 

 Y/n's mother had passed away when she was 9. She died cause of cancer. She was a strong mom. Y/n never talked about her mom cause she didn't like to feel that sadness. So she usually stayed quiet about it. If they asked her of her mother she would've stayed quiet and leave. 

 The next day Y/n woke and grabbed her phone and checked her social media. Since it was a Saturday she stayed in bed for a while. She went to her messages and saw the contact of Jacob and he was sending her messages. 

Jacob

Y/n I'm sorry I was being a jerk I didn't mean it really.

I need to talk to you please.

I'm going through some things, I need to talk to you.

I want to talk to you. You always helped me out through the bad days and now I need you. 

Please answer me. 

I need you now. Please, I can't stop thinking about you.

I'm sorry. 

I miss you.

Read 10:30 a.m

   Y/n POV~ I'm sorry Jacob but you hurt me. I turned off my phone and silence it. I get up from my bed. I was brushing my teeth and then I remember I start my job at 11:00 so I quickly get up and change into a simple outfit.

(I suck at explaining outfits so it's easier to just put a picture

(I suck at explaining outfits so it's easier to just put a picture. if you don't like the outfit you can make up your own) I walk out of my room and walk downstairs and grab some cereal and eat it. 

Once I was done I walk out of the house and walk to work. Dad already left early to work. I got to work and went to the office. "Hey um I got hired to work here?" I ask not knowing what I'm supposed to say. "You must be Y/n?" he says. 

He was tall he looked 17 or so. Dull black hair and hazel eyes. "Yes" I reply. He walks closer to me "here's your tag" he says handing me a name tag. I grab it slipping my hand and touching his. "Sorry," I say embarrassed. "Don't be" he tells me. smiling.

 His voice was soft but yet sounded so sharped. Then I hear footsteps running towards the room. I look behind me and see a girl with light brown hair and chocolate eyes. She was wearing a pink long-sleeved shirt and a pink skirt. Her hair flowing in her shoulders. "oh um-sorry to interrupt but I'm here boss" she says. 

The boy didn't seem to care but she did. "Good, now go attend some customers," he says. The girl nods and leaves the room. I look back at the boy standing in front of me. "What shall I do?" I ask. "You will be working as a cashier. I'll show you how to use them" he says and starts to walk out the room. I follow him. When he got the counter he shows me the steps until I finally got how to use them. When he finishes helping me he leans close to me and says "my names Kilian," and smiles. He then leaves.