MBA 33: Christmas Extra

"It's time for opening the presents! Yay!" Lan Long Wei cheerfully exclaimed. He was the first to finish his meal due to his excitement. He ran to the living room, where he and his cousins had decorated the Christmas tree.

Jiang Cheng's one-year-old child, Jiang Fang, cheered along with him and giggled.

"Watch your step, Wei-Wei," Wei Ying cautioned him as they continued eating.

"Yes, yes, Mom! Please eat faster, I want to see my present!" he whined, making everyone in the dining room chuckle.

"Energetic as ever," Jiang Fengmian chuckled, shaking his head.

"I've finished eating. I'll accompany my grandson," Mrs. Jiang said, carrying baby Fang in her arms. She left everyone at the dining table. "I'll get Fangfang so you can eat properly, A'Qing," she added, carrying the baby to the living room.

"Wei-Wei always finishes his food quickly because of his excitement, even though he's already seventeen. He doesn't even chew his food properly," Sizhui shook his head and continued eating from his plate.

"It's because he's the youngest of all of you," Yanli commented and chuckled.

"But now, Fang is the youngest. He's been evicted from his throne as the youngest," MeiMei laughed. They all chuckled at her remark.

They were all done eating and now seated in the living room to start their gift opening. Just as they were about to start, the doorbell rang, catching their attention. They turned towards the door, wondering who could be visiting at this late hour.

Wuxian glanced at Lan Zhan, who in turn looked back at him. Lan Zhan shrugged, indicating he didn't know who it was either. They both directed their attention to the door, awaiting the arrival of the unexpected guest.

Mrs. Jiang stood from her seat while carrying baby Fang and opened the door.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!" They greeted in unison. It was Lan Xichen, Guangyao, Lan Qiren, and Jingyi.

The kids cheered upon seeing their cousin. Sizhui, MeiMei, and LongWei stood from their seats and went to greet their cousin, Jingyi.

"Yo, sup?" Sizhui greeted, giving Jingyi a friendly man-hug and patting his back.

"Fine as always, good to see you, Dr. Sizhui," Jingyi teased, earning a playful punch from Sizhui.

"Stop that, we're at home, you know. You can call me 'Doc' when we're at the hospital, Teacher Jingyi," Sizhui chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah," Jingyi rolled his eyes and laughed. "Oh, wait. Hey there, Mei, how's college?" Jingyi turned his attention to MeiMei.

"Hectic but fun," She chuckled and fist-bumped him.

"Good for you!" He ruffled her hair, eliciting an eye roll from her. Jingyi, Sizhui, and LongWei laughed at her reaction.

"Yo, Sup?" Jingyi asked LongWei. "You've been getting taller than me now," He chuckled and patted his head. Long Wei chuckled, "Of course, I want to be taller than everyone."

Then Jingyi suddenly felt a strange stare from afar. He looked in Jin Ling's direction and saw that Jin Ling had been glaring at him ever since he arrived.

He waved at him and smiled widely, "Sup?" he mouthed. Jin Ling just rolled his eyes and turned away. "What a brat," Jingyi mumbled and chuckled.

"Anyway, Let's go inside; the elders are already in," Sizhui suggested. Lan Qiren, Lan Xichen, and Guangyao were already inside while they were left at the front door.

They all laughed at each other and went inside.

"It's good that you visited for Christmas," Mr. Jiang remarked to their guests.