MBA 11

Wei Ying mumbled in his sleep, still in a daze, as he was caught in a warm and comfortable embrace. He didn't want to wake up just yet. His hands moved unconsciously, trailing across the back of the person holding him. He couldn't discern who it was, but it felt oddly comforting.

In his half-asleep state, Wei Ying's hands roamed, and his thoughts wandered. "So toned and fit... TONED AND FIT?!" he suddenly realized, his eyes snapping open. Panic set in as he assessed his surroundings. He found himself buried in someone's chest, their toned chest. He couldn't recognize the person, and it sent him into a frenzy. "WHAT?! WHO IS THIS?" Wei Ying thought in a panic, pulling away from the embrace abruptly.

"Hm," a groggy murmur escaped from the person he had been holding. Wei Ying immediately placed a hand over his mouth to stifle any sound. He sighed in relief after a moment, realizing he had narrowly avoided screaming out in alarm.

Lan Zhan gradually opened his eyes, blinking as he woke from his slumber. He found Wei Ying pulling away from him abruptly, and his brows furrowed in confusion. "S-sor—" Lan Zhan began to apologize, but Wei Ying immediately covered his mouth and dashed to the bathroom.

"Blaarghhh," Wei Ying retched, doubling over as his stomach heaved. He vomited repeatedly, the sensation overwhelming him. He wiped his mouth weakly, flushed the toilet, and leaned against the bathroom wall, breathing heavily. Dizziness washed over him, and his legs gave out. He collapsed onto the floor.

"Wei Ying?" Lan Zhan called out, rushing after him.

With trembling hands, Wei Ying cupped his mouth to prevent any further sound. His body felt weak and uncooperative. He couldn't move an inch. All he could manage was a faint smile before everything went dark, and he passed out.

"Wei Ying!" Lan Zhan shouted in alarm, trying to shake Wei Ying awake. Panic gripped his heart, and he couldn't calm down.

He hastily stood up, cradling Wei Ying in his arms, and rushed out of the room. Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng, who had been in the living room, watched in concern as Lan Zhan sprinted past them.

"What happened!?" Jiang Yanli asked, rushing to their side to check on Wei Ying's condition.

"He passed out after throwing up. He hasn't eaten since yesterday," Jiang Yanli informed the nurse, while Lan Zhan struggled to find words to explain, overwhelmed by worry.

"Alright, we'll check on him. Please wait here," the nurse assured them before hurrying off to tend to Wei Ying.

Jiang Yanli patted Lan Zhan's back, offering him comfort. She understood that being bonded meant sharing each other's emotions, and Lan Zhan was experiencing Wei Ying's suffering firsthand.

"He'll be alright, Lan Zhan. Probably just fatigue, nothing more," she reassured him, giving him a warm smile.

Lan Zhan sank into a nearby chair, his face in his hands. He was unable to calm his racing heart, even though they had reassured him that Wei Ying would be fine. The intense worry he felt was a part of the bond, and it weighed heavily on him.

"We should've woken him up last night to eat. Look what happened to him!" Jiang Cheng voiced his frustration. He was furious at himself for not taking better care of Wei Ying.

"Jiang Cheng, calm down. Wei Ying will be okay," Jiang Yanli tried to soothe her younger brother. She noticed his furrowed brows and clenched fists and wanted to assure him.

After a few minutes, a doctor arrived to provide an update. "Are you his family?" the doctor asked Jiang Yanli.

"Yes, is he okay now, doctor?" she inquired anxiously.

"Yes, he's fine now. However, we recommend admitting him so we can monitor him closely."

"What's the diagnosis, doctor?" Jiang Cheng asked, his concern palpable.

"He's experiencing fatigue. That's all, nothing serious," the doctor explained.

"I'll get some clothes for Wei Ying, A'Jie," Jiang Cheng volunteered before leaving the room.

"Who's the father?" the doctor asked suddenly, catching both Lan Zhan and Jiang Yanli off guard.

"H-He's pregnant?" they asked in unison, astonishment in their voices.

"Yes, that's correct. His fatigue is likely due to the pregnancy. He vomited what little he ate, and the fetus requires nourishment. Male omegas are more vulnerable during pregnancy, and they need to be well taken care of and eat properly. They should avoid stress," the doctor elaborated before excusing himself.

Lan Zhan's eyes widened in shock. He was torn between feeling happy and terrified. Happy because he would have a child, but terrified because he barely knew Wei Ying, because of the implications this would have for his family, and because the situation could bring shame upon his family.

Jiang Yanli saw the wariness in Lan Zhan's eyes and sat beside him, offering support. "Lan Zhan, my parents and I love Wei Ying, just as Jiang Cheng does. I believe they will understand, just as I do. Jiang Cheng might be upset initially, but he will come around. We'll support both of you, don't worry," she reassured him.

However, Lan Zhan couldn't seem to shake off his worry. He covered his face with his hands and sighed. There was no turning back now, and he was unsure of what lay ahead.

Jiang Yanli stood up, offering a reassuring smile. "Let's go check on Wei Ying," she suggested.

Lan Zhan nodded and followed Jiang Yanli with heavy steps, his heart weighed down by his concerns.