MBA 12

In the hospital room, Wei Ying remained unconscious, unaware of the commotion that had unfolded in his absence.

Jiang Yanli sat in a chair beside his bed, addressing him with a gentle smile. "I'm older than you, but you've moved ahead of me," she chuckled softly as she lovingly fixed his hair behind his ears.

Lan Zhan stood nearby, his gaze locked onto Wei Ying. In his thoughts, he admitted, 'He's indeed the prettiest among the omegas.'

"You're so lucky, A'Xian," Jiang Yanli continued, speaking to the unconscious Wei Ying as if he could hear her. She caressed his cheeks affectionately.

"What happened to A'Xian!?" The sudden, alarmed entrance of Mr. Jiang drew their attention.

Jiang Yanli stood, trying to calm her father. "Dad, please, calm down."

"What happened to him?" Mr. Jiang pressed, seemingly disregarding Jiang Yanli's advice.

She sighed before delivering the news. "A'Xian is fine, Dad. He's just fatigued. And..." She glanced at Lan Zhan, silently seeking his permission to continue.

Lan Zhan nodded, indicating that she should go ahead. Mr. Jiang's confusion only deepened.

"He's pregnant," she revealed.

"What?!" Mr. Jiang exclaimed, stunned.

Lan Zhan remained silent, avoiding Mr. Jiang's gaze as he felt the weight of their expectations and judgments.

"Jiang Fengmian! You should have waited for me!" Mrs. Jiang scolded as she entered the room, only to lower her voice when she saw her husband's shocked expression. Her furrowed brows reflected her confusion. "What's with you?" she asked Mr. Jiang.

"Ah Xian is pregnant," Mr. Jiang stated, still in disbelief.

"What?!" Mrs. Jiang's eyes widened in astonishment. "How?"

"Mom, calm down," Jiang Yanli advised, hoping to diffuse the tension.

"Lan Zhan is the father," she added, directing her mother's attention to Lan Zhan.

Lan Zhan remained silent, his heart pounding in anticipation of Mr. Jiang's reaction.

Mr. Jiang's initial shock gave way to a heartwarming realization. "I'm going to have a grandson?" he exclaimed with joy, approaching Lan Zhan to give him a bear hug. He chuckled, overwhelmed with happiness.

Jiang Yanli went to her mother, planting a kiss on her cheek. She smiled at her father's reaction, grateful for his understanding. "Look how happy Dad is," she remarked with a chuckle.

Mrs. Jiang turned her attention back to practical matters. "What did the doctor say?"

"He's fatigued. He hadn't eaten since yesterday, threw up this morning, and he's pregnant," Jiang Yanli explained. "The doctor recommended that he be taken care of properly since male omega pregnancies are delicate. He should avoid stress."

"Very well. A'Xian can attend online classes until he gives birth. And Lan Zhan will need to be there as the father of the child. I'll cover the expenses," Mrs. Jiang agreed, ensuring that Wei Ying would be well taken care of.

Amidst their celebration, Jiang Cheng stormed into the room, bewildered by the atmosphere. 'Aren't they supposed to be worrying about Wei Ying?' he wondered.

"Son! I'll be a grandfather!" Mr. Jiang proclaimed excitedly, approaching Jiang Cheng.

"What?" Jiang Cheng's confusion deepened.

"A'Xian is pregnant," Jiang Yanli calmly informed him.

"What??! Who's the father?!" Jiang Cheng's rage flared.

Jiang Yanli barely had time to react before Jiang Cheng threw a punch at Lan Zhan. His fist landed on Lan Zhan's face before anyone could intervene.

"A'Cheng!" Mr. Jiang immediately restrained Jiang Cheng, preventing him from delivering another blow to Lan Zhan.

Lan Zhan, clutching his aching cheek, remained silent. He accepted the punch as his due, feeling it was justified. He lowered his head in shame.

"WE TRUSTED YOU, AND YOU TOOK ADVANTAGE OF WEI YING?!" Jiang Cheng shouted angrily, his fists still clenched.

"A'Cheng, it's not his fault! Wei Ying was in heat, and Lan Zhan is a dominant alpha. No one wanted this to happen, but it's already done!" Jiang Yanli explained, hoping to mitigate Jiang Cheng's anger.

Jiang Cheng gradually loosened his fists and sighed. He closed his eyes, attempting to process everything and accept the situation.

"Son, the baby is on the way. We can't let A'Xian see us like this when he wakes up. He should be free from stress, or it could harm him. Calm down," Mrs. Jiang advised, trying to soothe Jiang Cheng.

They all took their seats again, waiting anxiously for Wei Ying to awaken. Lan Zhan sat beside Wei Ying's bed, his gaze fixated on Wei Ying's delicate hand. He couldn't help but measure it against his own larger hand. 'Cute,' he thought, even as a tingling sensation continued in his left cheek, focusing on Wei Ying's beauty as he stared at him.