MBA 19

"Wangji!"

The room's occupants turned their attention to the newcomer.

"Brother," Lan Zhan said with a smile as he greeted his sibling.

"Wei Ying," Lan Xichen acknowledged, offering Wei Ying a warm smile, which Wei Ying returned.

"Xichen, what brings you here?" Mr. Jiang inquired.

"I wanted to see my nephew," Lan Xichen replied, holding Jingyi in his arms.

"Uncle!" Jingyi's eyes lit up when he saw Lan Zhan. He opened his arms, inviting Lan Zhan to hold him.

Lan Zhan gladly took Jingyi into his arms. "Did you miss Uncle?" he asked, eliciting an enthusiastic nod from Jingyi.

Jingyi's gaze wandered around the room, and something caught his attention.

"Baby!" he pointed excitedly at baby Sizhui, who was currently in Lan Xichen's arms.

Lan Zhan smiled and approached his brother. "Baby," he echoed with a soft chuckle, and Jingyi giggled in response.

"Is he cute, Jingyi?" Lan Xichen inquired as he cradled baby Sizhui gently.

Jingyi vigorously nodded. "Cute, cute baby," he declared with a giggle.

"Wangji," Lan Xichen suddenly turned serious.

Lan Zhan glanced at his brother, curious.

"Go play with Auntie and Uncle over there for a while, okay? The baby can't play yet," Lan Xichen suggested, pointing to Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng, who were chatting with Wei Ying.

"Yes, Papa," Jingyi happily agreed. Lan Zhan set him down, and he promptly ran over to Jiang Yanli and Jiang Cheng.

Lan Xichen handed baby Sizhui to Mrs. Jiang before leaving the room.

The two brothers stepped out of the room, and once they were alone in the corridor, Lan Xichen broached the topic. "When do you plan on telling Uncle?"

Lan Zhan hesitated before responding, "When Wei Ying is ready."

"You know you can't hide it from Uncle for too long. Make up your mind, Wangji," Lan Xichen advised, giving Lan Zhan's shoulder a supportive pat.

Lan Zhan remained outside, pondering how to broach the subject with his uncle. He sighed heavily, knowing that he needed to muster the courage to face this challenge. "I need to be strong," he silently reminded himself.

Eventually, he reentered the room, took a seat beside Wei Ying, and tenderly ran his fingers through Wei Ying's hair. He gently brushed some strands behind Wei Ying's ear and leaned down to kiss his forehead.

Wei Ying smiled and asked, "Is something bothering you?" He could always tell when Lan Zhan was troubled.

"Nothing," Lan Zhan replied, humming as he settled into the chair. He reached for Wei Ying's hand and held it firmly.

Wei Ying wasn't convinced. "I thought so. Something is definitely bothering you," he observed, squeezing Lan Zhan's hand and gently caressing his cheek.

"I thought I made it clear that we would face any challenges together," Wei Ying remarked with warmth in his voice. Lan Zhan closed his eyes, savoring the gentle touch of Wei Ying's hands on his face.

Lan Zhan took Wei Ying's hand and kissed the knuckles, whispering, "When will you be ready?"

Wei Ying's heart began to race. "For what?" he inquired, though he already had an inkling of what Lan Zhan meant. He wanted to hear it from him.

"To face my family. I want our relationship to be official, and eventually..." Lan Zhan's voice trailed off, and he looked away, his cheeks tinted pink.

Wei Ying stifled a laugh, cupping Lan Zhan's cheeks and turning his face to meet his gaze. "I didn't hear that clearly," he teased, a playful smile on his lips.

Lan Zhan slowly opened his eyes and met Wei Ying's gaze. His cheeks flushed, but he mustered the courage to say it again, "I'll marry you."

Wei Ying snickered under his breath, "Are you shy?" he teased, sticking out his tongue playfully and laughing.

Lan Zhan stammered, "N-no," even as he hid his reddening cheeks. Wei Ying cupped his cheeks, turning his face toward him.

"Say it like you mean it," Wei Ying urged, smiling at Lan Zhan.

"I'll marry you!" Lan Zhan repeated, more resolutely this time, gazing into Wei Ying's eyes. His cheeks were even redder than before.

Wei Ying beamed, "You sure will, after we've come this far." He giggled and leaned closer, placing a kiss on the tip of Lan Zhan's nose.

Lan Zhan was caught off guard but soon recovered and returned Wei Ying's kiss.