MBA 24

Lan Zhan had just returned from the drug store when he heard laughter coming from outside his uncle's room. He couldn't quite place who could be making his uncle laugh like that.

As he opened the door, his jaw dropped upon seeing Lan Qiren laughing heartily while holding baby Sizhui gently in his arms, admiring the baby's every feature.

"Wei Ying, look at his cute little lips. He's smiling at me," Lan Qiren exclaimed, still laughing.

"Yes, Mr. Lan," Wei Ying replied with a smile.

"Call me uncle. No need for so much formality," Lan Qiren said, still chuckling as he gazed at the baby. Neither of them had noticed Lan Zhan's arrival.

"Uncle," Lan Zhan spoke up, causing Wei Ying and Lan Qiren to finally notice him.

"Oh, Wangji, you're here. Come, come! I didn't know your baby is this adorable," Lan Qiren laughed, thoroughly enjoying himself.

Lan Zhan furrowed his brows and glanced at Wei Ying, silently questioning what was happening. Wei Ying shrugged and stood up to kiss Lan Zhan on the cheek.

"What's going on with uncle?" Lan Zhan whispered to Wei Ying as they both watched Lan Qiren's cheerful antics. Wei Ying chuckled softly.

"Uncle, here are your medicines," Lan Zhan said, placing the medication on the side table.

"Put it there," Lan Qiren responded without even looking at Lan Zhan, his attention solely focused on the baby.

Lan Zhan fetched another chair and placed it beside Lan Qiren's bed. They both sat down and continued to watch Lan Qiren, their expressions a mix of surprise and bewilderment.

Wei Ying rested his head on Lan Zhan's shoulder, whispering, "Well, at least it's a good sign."

Lan Zhan nodded, smiling at Wei Ying.

The following days passed smoothly, with Lan Qiren eagerly anticipating Wei Ying's arrival with baby Sizhui. It seemed that their presence had a positive effect on his recovery. Now, it was his last day in the hospital, and he was ready to be discharged.

Lan Xichen had just returned from his business trip and went directly to the hospital to visit Lan Qiren. He was about to enter the room when he heard laughter coming from within. Puzzled, he wondered what could be making his usually stern uncle so joyful.

Upon entering, Lan Xichen's jaw dropped at the sight before him. Lan Qiren was laughing heartily, engaging with Lan Zhan and Wei Ying, who appeared equally amused.

"You know, Wei Ying, Wangji wasn't this cute when he was a baby. He looked like an old man who never smiled," Lan Qiren chuckled, with Wei Ying sharing in his laughter, while Lan Zhan's expression was a mix of embarrassment and confusion.

"Uncle!" Lan Zhan exclaimed, feeling mortified.

"What did I miss?" Lan Xichen finally spoke, causing all three of them to turn their attention to him.

"Oh, Xichen, come here, come here! My grandchild is so adorable!" Lan Qiren laughed, beckoning for his nephew to join them.

Lan Xichen looked bewildered and glanced at Lan Zhan for an explanation.

"That was my reaction when I saw him like this last week while getting his medicine," Lan Zhan chuckled, offering an apologetic smile.

Lan Xichen gave his brother a strange look. "I was worried sick, thinking Uncle wasn't treating you well, and this is what I came back for? I was worried for nothing," Lan Xichen sighed and massaged his temples.

"Sorry for not informing you earlier, Brother," Lan Zhan said.

"It's alright, Wangji. At least Uncle seems to be doing better and beginning to understand you," Lan Xichen replied, smiling as he patted Lan Zhan's back.

Lan Xichen turned his attention to Lan Qiren. "Uncle, are you feeling better now?"

"I'm much improved," Lan Qiren answered, though he still didn't acknowledge Lan Xichen directly, as he was too engrossed with baby Sizhui's company.

"The doctor called me, and you will be discharged this afternoon, so I rushed over here without stopping at home," Lan Xichen explained.

"Mm," Lan Qiren responded, his attention still fixed on baby Sizhui, chuckling each time the baby smiled.

"I worried for nothing," Lan Xichen whispered to Lan Zhan and face-palmed.

Lan Zhan chuckled at his brother's exasperation. "I thought the same, Brother. I worried needlessly," he admitted.

Lan Xichen then stood up. "Uncle, give baby Sizhui to Wei Ying for now. We'll get your things ready, and you'll be going home soon," he informed Lan Qiren.

Lan Qiren pouted but eventually handed Baby Sizhui to Wei Ying.

After ensuring that everything was packed and ready, they all found themselves in the hospital's parking lot.

"Wangji, Wei Ying, come to our house for dinner. We'll celebrate Uncle's recovery," Lan Qiren suggested before getting into Lan Xichen's car.

"We will, Uncle," Lan Zhan replied politely, waiting for Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren to drive off first.

Lan Qiren glanced back at them. "And I'll invite Fengmian to join us," he added before finally getting into the car.

Lan Xichen started the car, and Lan Zhan and Wei Ying waved goodbye as they watched the car drive away.

Sighing in relief, Wei Ying held onto baby Sizhui and gave Lan Zhan a peck on the lips, a smile playing on his lips.

"At least everything is going well," Wei Ying giggled.

Lan Zhan smiled back at him, his hand firmly on the steering wheel.