MBA 9

Wei Ying returned to his room after shopping for snacks and began indulging himself in the sweets. He noticed his bruises but dismissed them, deciding to apply ointment later. Laziness crept over him, and he felt too lethargic to do his homework. Instead, he continued to munch on his treats.

After hours of indulgence, Wei Ying suddenly remembered something important. He grabbed his phone and dialed Lan Zhan's number. Lan Zhan promptly answered, feeling a tingling excitement emanating from Wei Ying's voice.

"Lan Zhan!" Wei Ying giggled happily.

"Mn," Lan Zhan responded calmly.

"Thank you for the food, hehe," Wei Ying said cheerfully, his mood buoyant.

"You're welcome."

"How can I repay youuuuu~" Wei Ying playfully whined while rolling on his bed.

"You don't need to," Lan Zhan replied, his resolve weakening.

"But I want toooooo~ pleaseeee," Wei Ying pleaded cutely.

Lan Zhan sighed, unable to resist Wei Ying's charm any longer. "Okay," he conceded.

Wei Ying's eyes sparkled as he sat up. "Reallllyyyyy?" he asked, exuding cuteness.

"Mn," Lan Zhan replied. Wei Ying's happiness was contagious.

"Yey!" Wei Ying cheered before suddenly feeling dizzy.

"Wei Ying?" Lan Zhan called from the other side.

"I-I'm fine. C-call you later," Wei Ying stammered and abruptly ended the call. He rushed to the bathroom and vomited violently.

Lan Zhan felt a surge of concern and anxiety. He didn't understand why, but he had an overpowering urge to go to the Jiang mansion. Something didn't feel right about Wei Ying's situation. Was it the bond they shared? Lan Zhan couldn't be sure, but he sensed Wei Ying's distress.

He arrived at the Jiang mansion, and the guard recognized his car, allowing him entry. Lan Zhan ran into the living room, where Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli sat, looking puzzled.

"W-Wei Ying... haaah," Lan Zhan panted heavily as he tried to catch his breath.

"What's wrong, Lan Zhan?" Jiang Cheng asked, concerned.

"Wei Ying," Lan Zhan said breathlessly before dashing to Wei Ying's room.

Jiang Cheng and Jiang Yanli followed him, bewildered by the sudden urgency.

Inside Wei Ying's room, Lan Zhan discovered Wei Ying lying unconscious on the bathroom floor.

"Wei Ying!" he exclaimed, rushing to pick him up.

"What happened to him?" Jiang Yanli asked, grabbing a towel to wipe Wei Ying's face.

"I don't know," Lan Zhan replied, gently laying Wei Ying on his bed.

"I'll get some water," Jiang Yanli said and hurried out of the room.

Jiang Cheng couldn't contain his curiosity any longer. "How did you know Wei Ying was in danger?" he inquired.

Lan Zhan was taken aback by the question, hesitating for a moment before responding. "A—"

Before he could answer, Jiang Cheng was interrupted as Jiang Yanli returned with water.

"What happened to A'Xian?" Mrs. Jiang asked with concern as she and Mr. Jiang entered the room.

"I think he fainted, Mrs. Jiang," Lan Zhan replied, ignoring Jiang Cheng's question.

"Thank you for noticing and acting so quickly, Lan Wangji," Mr. Jiang said, patting him on the shoulder.

Jiang Cheng remained perplexed. Things were getting stranger by the moment: Wei Ying's sudden change in food preferences and Lan Zhan's ability to detect Wei Ying's condition even when he wasn't present. He sighed, pushing aside his doubts. Jiang Yanli was right; Lan Zhan's quick response had been crucial in helping Wei Ying.