MBA 32: Extra Chapter pt.1

"Aigoo, look at my handsome son; you really got your father's features. But not his poker face," Wei Ying giggled as he fixed Sizhui's tie. Today was his graduation day, and everyone in the family was busy preparing because they were all going to attend Sizhui's graduation.

"You're finally a veterinarian, grandson!" Lan Qiren said, sitting in the living room of the Jiangs' while the Jiangs were busy preparing to attend Sizhui's graduation.

"You can finally cure Jin Ling's bad behavior," Jingyi blurted out and patted Sizhui's back.

Jin Ling's brows furrowed, and he looked at Jingyi. "What did you just say?!" he rumbled, grinding his teeth.

Sizhui laughed in his usual soft manner. "He's just joking, A'Ling; please don't take it to heart." He cheered. He knew how brutal Jingyi could be to Jin Ling, but he understood that it was Jingyi's way of getting closer to Jin Ling, who could be self-centered at times.

"See, he needs some injections. Who knows, when he bit me, I might get rabies," Jingyi stated and acted as if he were scared.

"You say that again!" Jin Ling fired. Imaginary smoke seemed to blow out of his nose.

"Calm down, Jin Ling. hehe," Sizhui chuckled awkwardly.

"Jingyi! Stop making fun of Jin Ling already," Lan Xichen exclaimed and smacked Jingyi's head. Jingyi whined in pain and rubbed his head where Lan Xichen had hit him.

"I was just joking," he whined.

"You know he does that because he just wants to make fun of you, A'Ling," Jiang Yanli chuckled and fixed Jin Zixuan's coat.

Jin Ling crossed his arms over his chest. "Hmp," he rolled his eyes.

Everyone in the room laughed at him.

"Is everyone ready?" Everyone turned to the one who had spoken—it was Jiang Cheng, walking down the stairs while holding Wen Qing's hand, guiding her down the stairs. They had been married for three years now, and after many attempts, they were finally expecting a baby. It had been challenging for beta females to conceive since they weren't as fertile as omegas.

"Do you think you're going to be okay, A'Qing?" Mrs. Jiang was worried because Wen Qing's due date was only two weeks away.

"I will be fine, Mom," Wen Qing smiled, reassuring Mrs. Jiang.

Mrs. Jiang sighed. She had been asking Wen Qing that question since the night before, and Wen Qing's answer had always been the same.

"But if you don't feel fine, just tell us," she said, giving Wen Qing a motherly smile.

"I will, Mom," Wen Qing smiled back.

"Mom! Look at my tie. Please fix it too." Lan Long Wei, the third child of Lan Zhan and Wei Ying, came running down the stairs.

"You're already sixteen, Wei Wei; can't you fix that yourself?" Wei Ying chuckled as he turned his attention to Lan Zhan.

"Come on, grandson, I'll fix that for you," Lan Qiren stood up from his seat and fixed Lan Long Wei's tie. "Goodness, my grandson looks so mature in a suit, as expected." Lan Qiren admired his grandson and patted his shoulders after finishing.

"Mom is so biased; Dad's tie is already fixed, but he took more time on Wei Wei." Long Wei pouted.

Wei Ying chuckled and faced his son. "Aw, is my son mad?" he said and playfully poked Long Wei's waist, making him jolt in surprise.

"Mom! Don't do that," Long Wei moved away and pouted.

Lan Zhan smiled at them.

"Dad!" Lan Mei Mei suddenly appeared out of nowhere. Lan Zhan looked at her. "Is my dress okay?" She giggled.

"You're as stunning as your mother," he smiled and patted her head.

She pouted, "Stop patting my head, Dad; you know I'm already twenty-one." She scoffed.

Lan Zhan pinched her cheeks. "Don't say that. You're still our baby, no matter how old you are," he chuckled.

Mei Mei whined, "Ya, Dad, stop pinching my cheeks! I don't want my cheeks to get all saggy." She said and pouted. Lan Zhan let go of her cheeks and chuckled at her.

"Oh my, our family is getting bigger and bigger," he remarked, catching everyone's attention. He had just come from the garage to prepare their transportation.

"The ride is ready; shall we get going?" He smiled at them and made his way to the front door, where their vehicles were waiting.

"I and Guangyao and the baby will be riding in my car," Lan Xichen spoke and put his arm around Guangyao's shoulders, guiding him to their car. Guangyao was holding their second son.

"I have my own car, so I'll ride separately," Lan Qiren waved at them and walked to his vehicle.

"So, Mei Mei, Long Wei, Jingyi, Jin Ling, will be riding in this van?" Mr. Jiang pointed. They all nodded. "How about you, Sizhui? Do you want to ride with them?" He looked at Sizhui.

"Yes, Grandfather," he nodded and joined the other four in the van.

"Me and Wen Qing will be riding in my car, Dad. I feel safer for her when I drive my own," Jiang Cheng said as he held Wen Qing's hand and helped her into the front seat. Then he looked back before entering the car. "And in case of an emergency, I can always use this." He added and got into the car.

Mr. Jiang nodded and held Mrs. Jiang's waist.

"We'll be riding in Jin Zixuan's car too, Dad," she smiled and put her hand on Jin Zixuan's arm.

"Sorry for making you prepare three vans for all of us," she said and waved goodbye to her father.

Mr. Jiang just chuckled and nodded. "It's fine; at least one is fully loaded," he said.

"We'll be riding with the kids, Uncle. Please tell the driver that Lan Zhan will take over the wheel," Wei Ying told Mr. Jiang.

Mr. Jiang nodded. "Well, then, take care," he smiled at them. Wei Ying smiled back and entered the van, taking the shotgun seat.

"Our family is really getting bigger, Fengmian," Mrs. Jiang chuckled and intertwined her hands with Mr. Jiang's.

"Yes. Shall we get going too?" He asked and pulled her into their car.

--------- TO BE CONTINUED...

Picture source: Pinterest

Picture: Husband and Wife in suit going to Sizhui's graduation.