MBA 13

Wei Ying woke up, his vision still blurry as he struggled to make sense of his surroundings. He felt a gentle squeeze in his hand and turned his gaze toward it. A familiar voice reached his ears, saying, "Wei Ying."

He hummed in response, still in a daze. "Where am I?" he asked, his eyes half-opened.

"Wei Ying," Lan Zhan repeated his name softly, his voice filled with concern. Wei Ying looked at him, trying to comprehend the situation.

"Hmm," Wei Ying replied with a confused murmur, his mind gradually clearing.

"You're in the hospital," Lan Zhan informed him gently.

Wei Ying's memory started to return slowly. He blinked a few times, his mind piecing together the fragments of the previous day.

"You're finally awake," Jiang Yanli said with a warm smile as she approached his bedside.

Wei Ying smiled back at her. "Yes, shijie," he replied, his voice still weak.

"Are you feeling better now?" Jiang Yanli asked, her concern evident.

Wei Ying nodded slowly and gave her a small smile.

"By the way, shijie, why am I at the hospital?" Wei Ying inquired, his confusion evident. He turned to Lan Zhan, looking for answers.

Jiang Yanli glanced at Lan Zhan, silently asking him to reveal the truth.

"You threw up this morning, and you hadn't eaten since yesterday," Jiang Yanli began, choosing her words carefully. "You're fatigued, A'Xian, and..."

"And?" Wei Ying prompted, waiting for the rest of the explanation.

Jiang Yanli hesitated briefly before delivering the news. "And you're pregnant."

Wei Ying's eyes widened, shock and disbelief evident on his face. "What? How?" he stammered.

"That night when you were in your heat cycle," Jiang Yanli explained, her voice filled with sympathy as she delicately discussed the events of that fateful night. "Lan Zhan brought you home, but we didn't anticipate that you would release so many pheromones that would make Lan Zhan lose control. He's a dominant alpha, after all. It's partly our fault too. We were focused on enjoying the party and didn't consider the consequences. We're so sorry, A'Xian."

Wei Ying's confusion was gradually turning into realization. He suddenly remembered the events of that night, how he had been swept away by his heat and how Lan Zhan had been there to help him.

"I-I'm sorry," Lan Zhan suddenly spoke up, his voice tinged with guilt. He lowered his head and bowed ninety degrees in front of Wei Ying.

Wei Ying was taken aback by this gesture of apology. He stammered, "I-it's okay," his cheeks flushing pink. He was surprised by Lan Zhan's humility and sincerity.

"Can I make a request?" Wei Ying asked shyly.

"Anything. I'll do anything," Lan Zhan replied earnestly.

"Just sit beside me," Wei Ying requested, his voice barely audible. He turned his gaze away, feeling embarrassed.

Lan Zhan blinked in surprise at the simple request. "Of course," he agreed, quickly taking a seat in the chair beside Wei Ying's bed.

"Can I hold your hand again?" Wei Ying asked, his blush deepening.

"Please feel free to use me as much as you like," Lan Zhan said politely, offering his hand to Wei Ying once more. Wei Ying shyly accepted it, their fingers intertwining.

Wei Ying couldn't help but notice the bruise on Lan Zhan's cheek. Concerned, he asked, "What happened to this?"

Lan Zhan smiled gently but evasively. "It's nothing. I'm fine, don't worry," he reassured Wei Ying.

Jiang Yanli watched the two of them, pleased to see them getting along. She smiled to herself, thinking, 'Aw, my A'Xian.'

Suddenly, Mr. and Mrs. Jiang and Jiang Cheng entered the room, carrying food and medicine for Wei Ying.

Upon seeing Lan Zhan and Wei Ying holding hands, Jiang Cheng's brows furrowed in disapproval. He might be slowly accepting the fact that Wei Ying was pregnant, but he still harbored resentment toward Lan Zhan for breaking their trust. He set down the bags he was carrying with a dissatisfied click of his tongue.

"Goodness, our A'Xian is awake," Mrs. Jiang greeted Wei Ying, approaching his bedside with a smile.

Wei Ying greeted her politely. "Yes, Auntie," he replied, returning her smile.

"Are you feeling better now?" Mr. Jiang inquired, standing beside his wife.

"Yes, Uncle. Thank you for worrying," Wei Ying replied with gratitude.

Jiang Cheng didn't want to get too close to them; he was worried that he might lose control and confront Lan Zhan again. Instead, he sat down beside Jiang Yanli, his brows still furrowed in displeasure.

Jiang Yanli comforted him, patting his back and offering a warm smile. "A'Cheng, let's eat outside. Remember, we shouldn't let Wei Ying get stressed," she reminded him, urging him to let go of his anger.

Jiang Cheng clicked his tongue once more and glared at Wei Ying and Lan Zhan, who seemed lost in their own world.

He took a deep breath and sighed, resigning himself to the situation. He couldn't do anything that might harm Wei Ying, so he allowed Jiang Yanli to pull him out of the room, following their parents.