MBA 30

"Look at A'Ling! He's trying to stand," Mrs. Jiang exclaimed happily. Everyone gathered in the living room, delighting in the sight of children playing around.

"Baby, do you want to play with Brother Rulan?" Wei Ying asked in his sweet voice, addressing three-year-old Little Sizhui seated on his lap.

Little Sizhui nodded enthusiastically and hopped out of Wei Ying's lap. Lan Zhan rested his hands on Wei Ying's waist as they both watched Little Sizhui toddle over to where Little Jin Ling was.

"Look at how he has grown, just like his father, so full of energy," Wei Ying commented, glancing at Lan Zhan and smirking, teasing him gently.

"Mn," Lan Zhan responded with a shy smile, not quite sure how to respond to Wei Ying's playful remarks.

"They're so cute, just like our Sizhui—he's like a big brother now," Wei Ying giggled, causing Lan Zhan to look at him in surprise.

"What? Did I say something wrong?" Wei Ying asked, a hint of confusion in his eyes.

"Do you want another?" Lan Zhan inquired, causing Wei Ying's cheeks to flush with surprise.

"Huh?" Wei Ying questioned, taken aback.

"Another baby," Lan Zhan clarified.

Wei Ying's cheeks continued to burn as he looked away. "You never initiated that kind of topic before."

Jiang Cheng overheard their conversation and chimed in, "Can't you let me get married first before having a second child?" He teased Wei Ying, and Wen Qing playfully smacked him on the chest.

"Why do you care? Then get married now!" Wei Ying retorted, sticking his tongue out at Jiang Cheng, eliciting laughter from those in the room.

"You two, you're always fighting," Jiang Yanli commented, amused.

"He started it!" Jiang Cheng and Wei Ying said simultaneously, earning an exasperated glare from Jiang Cheng.

Wen Qing laughed and gently teased Jiang Cheng, who continued to sulk.

"This big baby is so grumpy," she teased as she cupped his face.

Jiang Cheng's cheeks turned even redder, but he still sulked in response.

Wen Qing chuckled and said, "This baby needs some feeding; I'll just lull him upstairs," as she led Jiang Cheng to his bedroom.

"They're so active; when do they plan on getting married?" Mr. Jiang asked.

Jiang Yanli and Wei Ying shrugged in response.

"Let them be, Fengmian; don't rush the kids. They'll tell us when they're ready," Mrs. Jiang advised, standing up.

"I'll go get us some snacks," she added before heading to the kitchen.

"Grandma, I want lotus seeds, please!" Little Sizhui shouted so Mrs. Jiang could hear him.

Mrs. Jiang turned around and smiled. "Okay, little one. Want to help grandma?" she asked.

Little Sizhui nodded vigorously and ran with his tiny feet to catch up with her.

"Sizhui's such a jolly kid," Lan Xichen remarked, his gaze fixed on Sizhui.

"He got that from Lan Zhan," Wei Ying laughed.

Lan Xichen's brows furrowed slightly; Lan Zhan had not been known for his joviality and hyperactivity as a child.

Wei Ying, Guangyao, Jiang Yanli, Jiang Fengmian, and Jin Zixuan all laughed at Lan Xichen's evident confusion. Meanwhile, Lan Zhan's cheeks turned red once more.

Lan Xichen's confusion deepened further. 'Why are they laughing?' he wondered.

"It's okay, Xichen; don't get so worked up about it," Guangyao reassured him as he patted Lan Xichen's shoulder and attempted to control his own laughter.

"Xichen's really innocent; have you stopped doing it since Jingyi came into this world?" Jin Zixuan asked amidst laughter.

"Well, we do it sometimes," Guangyao replied shyly, further perplexing Lan Xichen.

"Huh?" he inquired, completely bewildered.

"Stop, Brother Xichen can't even keep up!" Jiang Yanli laughed and gently smacked Jin Zixuan's leg.

"Sorry, sorry," Jin Zixuan chuckled.

"It's nothing, honey. Don't think too much, or you'll get wrinkles," Guangyao laughed, massaging Lan Xichen's furrowed brow and instantly soothing him.

While everyone was enjoying themselves, Wei Ying leaned closer to Lan Zhan's ear and whispered seductively, secreting his pheromones to heighten the atmosphere. "I want a second child," he confessed softly, his words causing Lan Zhan's eyes to sparkle with anticipation and desire.

Wei Ying giggled as he noticed the excitement in Lan Zhan's eyes. "I'll let Sizhui sleep in Auntie and Uncle's bedroom tonight. They'll be happy to have him crash on their bed," he promised, further fueling Lan Zhan's excitement.

"Be ready," Wei Ying added seductively, making it clear what he had in mind. Lan Zhan couldn't wait, but it was still noon, so he pouted in disappointment.

Just then, Mrs. Jiang returned with a tray of snacks, and Sizhui held a stem of lotus seeds.

They all enjoyed the afternoon, snacking and playing with the little ones.