MBA 8

"Let's grab some food, A'Cheng," Wei Ying suggested as they left the room. Classes had finished, and the two of them had no more lessons for the afternoon.

Jiang Cheng clicked his tongue and shot Wei Ying a glare. "Fine, tsk," he conceded, clearly annoyed. Wei Ying simply smiled at him, his sudden craving for sweets driving him.

They entered a convenience store near their school, and Jiang Cheng decided to wait outside. Wei Ying happily wandered through the store, heading straight for the sweet section and selecting a variety of chocolates and candies. He giggled at the thought of indulging in them at midnight. Moving to the fridge, he once again caught a whiff of the familiar scent, which was strong this time. Wei Ying glanced around and spotted Lan Zhan selecting cold tea from the fridge. Lan Zhan had also detected the scent he recognized from Wei Ying's presence. He traced it to find Wei Ying nearby, and when their eyes met, Wei Ying quickly averted his gaze to avoid eye contact.

Unconsciously, Lan Zhan approached Wei Ying. Wei Ying pretended to browse the drinks section when Lan Zhan reached his side.

"Do you want some milk?" Lan Zhan inquired, catching Wei Ying off guard.

"W-what?" Wei Ying looked at Lan Zhan in surprise.

"This," Lan Zhan said, picking up a carton of milk, similar to the one he had given Wei Ying earlier.

Wei Ying's eyes sparkled as he looked at the milk.

"I'll buy it for you," Lan Zhan offered, picking up another carton.

"R-really?" Wei Ying's voice hinted at his happiness, and his pheromones began to convey it, affecting Lan Zhan's mood. Lan Zhan smiled, thinking to himself, "He's cute." But something else caught his attention—Wei Ying's turtleneck had slipped down, revealing what looked like a bite mark on his nape. Lan Zhan's mind raced with memories of their high school lessons about bonding between an alpha and an omega, where a bite from the alpha resulted in a bond. The alpha would then be affected by the omega's pheromones, enabling them to sense the omega's emotions. He gulped, realizing he must have bitten Wei Ying during his heat when he was drawn to Wei Ying's pheromones. "Did I bite him?" he wondered, struggling to remember the details.

Wei Ying sensed Lan Zhan's gaze on his exposed nape and quickly covered it with his hand.

Lan Zhan snapped back to reality and looked away. "Let's pay," he said, and they walked to the cashier. Wei Ying, who had been lost in thought, followed him.

Wei Ying placed the tray of food he had selected on the counter and reached for his wallet to pay. However, Lan Zhan handed his credit card to the cashier. Wei Ying looked at him in surprise. "You don't need to, Mr. Lan," he addressed Lan Zhan.

Lan Zhan glanced at him, his brows furrowed. "Lan Zhan. Call me Lan Zhan," he instructed.

Wei Ying sensed the aloofness in Lan Zhan's tone—the way a dominant alpha spoke. "Lan Zhan," he repeated.

"That's better," Lan Zhan replied, taking the plastic bag with their purchases. He then turned to walk out of the store.

Wei Ying followed suit and grabbed his coat before exiting.

"Eeeeh!" Wei Ying exclaimed. "I want to pay you back. How much is it?"

"You don't need to," Lan Zhan insisted, but Wei Ying persisted, pleading with a shy tone for Lan Zhan's phone number so he could repay him sometime.

Lan Zhan complied, taking Wei Ying's phone and dialing his number.

"Thank you," Wei Ying said, a smile returning to his face. Lan Zhan felt an urge to pat his head, and his hand moved as if on its own, gently patting Wei Ying's head. Wei Ying's cheeks flushed red.

"You're welcome," Lan Zhan responded before leaving the store.

However, the knowledge that he had left a bite mark on Wei Ying's nape weighed heavily on Lan Zhan's mind. He sat in his brother's car, lost in thought, until he snapped back to reality with Lan Xichen's concerned gaze.

"Is something bothering you?" Lan Xichen asked.

"I'm fine," Lan Zhan replied simply, gazing out the window.

Lan Xichen sensed that Lan Zhan was troubled but chose not to pry further. He knew that Lan Zhan would eventually confide in him when he was ready. "Maybe he's not ready yet," Lan Xichen thought.

Lan Zhan remained silent, closed his eyes, and focused on calming himself. He didn't know how to handle the situation if Wei Ying ever discovered who had bitten him. "What if he curses me?" he wondered, his thoughts racing. He sighed and allowed himself to drift off to sleep.