MBA 1

'An Omega?' ponders a young man in a white coat.

Lan Zhan is a Dominant Alpha, born into a renowned and highly respected family of Alphas, the Lan Clan. His dominant alpha nature enables him to discern a person's gender through the subtle pheromones they emit.

In this entire university, only 5% are Omegas, a rare gender to gain admission to such a prestigious institution. The rest are predominantly Alphas and Betas. This new classmate stands out as the sole Omega in their class, easily identifiable by his distinct scent.

He dismisses the thought of the Omega and silently wipes his Zither. The Omega's presence doesn't hold any particular significance for him, so he lets the thought pass. Before long, the professor arrives, and the class falls silent as the lecture begins.

"Alright, class, since it's the first day of the semester, I won't put any pressure on you. But be prepared for our next lecture. Goodbye," the professor concludes, tidies his belongings, and exits the lecture hall, leaving the students to their own devices.

The room starts to buzz with chatter as everyone gets up to leave. It's break time, and their next class is on the second floor. Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng quietly make their way toward the exit. Upon reaching the door, Wei Ying accidentally collides with someone. He glances to see who it is and is met with a man whose expression is impossible to discern. He swallows hard as the man's penetrating gaze seems to bore into him, but to his surprise, the man abruptly turns away, as though Wei Ying is an annoyance. Wei Wuxian raises an eyebrow at the sudden dismissal, but he simply steps aside, giving the Alpha room to pass.

On the other hand, as the Alpha walks by, he catches a whiff of something sweet, causing him to stop in his tracks. 'His scent is... sweet,' Lan Zhan thinks to himself.

The Omega hurriedly steps back and bows apologetically, his voice tinged with nervousness. He doesn't want his college life to be ruined on the very first day!

A faint frown tugs at the Alpha's features, though it's not prominent enough for anyone to notice. His heightened senses pick up the sweet fragrance emanating from the new student. He glances back at the Omega, tilting his head, feeling an unfamiliar twinge in his heart. However, he stubbornly denies and dismisses these feelings. He remains silent and leaves the Omega standing there.

"That was weird," Wei Ying mutters in relief once he hears the Alpha's footsteps fade away, straightening up to watch the door where the Alpha had exited.

"That was Lan Wangji, the nephew of Mr. Lan Qiren and the brother of Lan Xichen, the school's owner," Jiang Cheng whispers into his ear, causing Wei Ying's eyes to widen in astonishment. "WAIT, WHAT?!" he exclaims, utterly bewildered and stunned.

A small chuckle escapes Jiang Cheng's lips. "Don't worry, he's not a bad person. He looks at everyone like that," he reassures Wei Ying before shrugging and walking out of the door.

Wei Ying hesitates for a moment, breathing a sigh of relief, before following Jiang Cheng out of the classroom. He thought he had stepped into a minefield that could ruin his college life. However, he shakes off his worries and smiles to himself, thinking, 'I guess this life will be easier than expected.'

Or will it?