MBA 10

Lan Zhan called his brother, Lan Xichen, from beside Wei Ying's bed, where he sat in deep worry. The room was quiet, and only Wei Ying and he were present. He couldn't shake off his concern for Wei Ying.

"Brother," he said once Lan Xichen answered the call.

"What's the matter, Wangji?" Lan Xichen inquired.

"Please don't tell Uncle that I'm at the Jiang mansion," Lan Zhan implored.

Lan Xichen frowned. "Why are you at the Jiang mansion?"

"Something came up. I'll explain once I have more information," Lan Zhan replied, his gaze fixed on Wei Ying. Wei Ying looked pale and vulnerable.

"Alright, but you must return tomorrow, or I won't know how to explain your absence to Uncle," Lan Xichen cautioned.

"Mn," Lan Zhan agreed before ending the call.

He stared at Wei Ying, his eyes drawn to the bite mark on Wei Ying's neck. Now, he was certain that they were bonded. He tried to remember what he knew about bonds: they were created when alphas bit omegas on the nape, and once formed, they couldn't be undone. He sighed in realization.

"Is there a problem, Wangji?" Jiang Yanli's voice startled him. She had entered the room.

"Nothing," Lan Zhan replied, lowering his head.

"I saw the bite mark," Jiang Yanli mentioned, causing Lan Zhan to look at her with worry that he had been found out.

Jiang Yanli smiled at him. "I know it happened when he was in heat. You're an alpha, after all."

Lan Zhan bowed his head again, unable to meet Jiang Yanli's eyes. He felt guilty.

"I won't blame you. You're a reserved and honorable man, and I know you'll take care of him. I'm the only one who knows, so don't worry. Jiang Cheng is getting suspicious, but I won't tell him unless you do. He might get angry," Jiang Yanli reassured him.

She sat beside Wei Ying and gently caressed his cheek. "Our A'Xian is growing up," she said, smiling warmly.

Lan Zhan looked at Wei Ying, who appeared ethereal in the moonlight. Wei Ying was captivating.

"I'll take responsibility," Lan Zhan stated firmly.

"I know you will. You're a man of your word, after all. By the way, here's some ointment. Apply it to his bite marks," Jiang Yanli said kindly, handing Lan Zhan the ointment.

Lan Zhan stood up and bowed to Jiang Yanli. "Thank you," he said.

Jiang Yanli returned the bow and stood up. "Thank you, too. You can stay here for the night. Our parents are at a meeting and will return tomorrow. Please take care of A'Xian," she said with a warm smile before closing the door gently as she left Wei Ying's room.

Lan Zhan took out his phone, playing a soothing zither melody. He placed his phone on the table next to Wei Ying's bed, then sat beside him, gazing at his peaceful sleeping form. (play video for the audio)

As the music played, Wei Ying smiled in his sleep. "It must be a dream," he thought. He fixated on the mole beside Wei Ying's lips, finding it beautiful and inviting. Lan Zhan couldn't resist the urge and leaned in to place a light kiss on Wei Ying's lips. When he pulled away, he cupped his own mouth, his ears turning red. He couldn't comprehend why he had done it. "It's just the bond," he denied to himself, shaking off the racing of his heart.

Yawning, Lan Zhan realized how tired he was from the events of the day. He lay down beside Wei Ying, maintaining a respectful distance between them, and closed his eyes, slowly drifting into sleep.

"A'Jie, please call Lan Wangji and A'Xian for dinner if he's awake," Jiang Cheng requested as he sat at the dining table. Everyone else had left the room, leaving him and Jiang Yanli alone.

Jiang Yanli went to Wei Ying's room to fulfill her brother's request. When she opened the door, she found Wei Ying sleeping in Lan Zhan's arms, nestled against his chest. They looked peaceful and content together. She smiled at the sight.

"I shouldn't disturb them," she whispered to herself, gently closing the door to let them rest.

Returning to the dining room, Jiang Cheng inquired about their whereabouts. "A'Jie, where are they?"

"Lan Zhan might be tired, and Wei Ying is still asleep," Jiang Yanli answered, still smiling at the image of the two of them.

Jiang Cheng furrowed his brow. "What's with that smile, A'jie?" he asked, curious about her cheerful demeanor.

Jiang Yanli, realizing she had been caught off guard, felt cold sweat on her back. "Um, Jin Zixuan! Yes, I remembered the good time we had at his party," she stuttered, scratching her head.

"Okay?" Jiang Cheng replied, giving her a puzzled look.

Jiang Yanli sighed in relief. She didn't want Jiang Cheng to suspect anything, so she focused on her food and smiled at her brother. Jiang Cheng, in turn, shrugged off the oddity and smiled back, enjoying their meal.