MBA 25

Everyone had gathered at the dining hall of the Lan mansion, where a sumptuous feast lay before them.

"So, I'm glad to see all of us here," Lan Qiren began, smiling at the assembled group.

"We're delighted to be here, Qiren. It's been quite some time since we've had a dinner together, and now we're a complete family," Jiang Fengmian chuckled.

"Yes, look at your children. They've grown up so quickly!" Lan Qiren laughed again.

The room fell silent, except for the two grandfathers who were engrossed in conversation.

"But putting that aside, shall we begin eating?" Lan Qiren suggested, lifting his spoon as a signal for everyone to dig in.

The clinking of cutlery on plates was the only sound in the dining hall. However, Lan Qiren broke the silence.

"Have you decided on a wedding venue?" Lan Qiren inquired. All eyes turned toward him.

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan exchanged glances and shared a smile, sensing that something good was about to happen tonight.

"How about we let the soon-to-be groom and bride decide on that?" Jiang Fengmian proposed.

"Exactly!" He exclaimed, looking at the two of them. "What do you think, Wangji and Wei Ying?" he asked.

"We'll look into it, Uncle," Lan Zhan replied politely before taking a bite of his food.

"Hmm. When do you plan to get married then?" Lan Qiren continued, diverting his attention to Lan Zhan. "Maybe in three months, Uncle," Lan Zhan replied.

"That's quite a wait," Jiang Cheng interjected, drawing everyone's attention to him. The Jiangs and Wei Ying were well aware of his dislike for Lan Zhan. So, why was he suddenly advocating for an earlier wedding?

Jiang Cheng's eyes widened when all eyes were on him. "What? I just think they should make it official since they already have a child," he said, quickly diverting his attention to his plate as he shoveled food into his mouth. Jiang Yanli smiled at her brother.

"I think A'cheng is right. Next month would be a good time," Jiang Yanli agreed.

"What about the preparations? Is one month enough?" Lan Xichen chimed in.

"We can handle that; I have friends who can help with the preparations," Jiang Yanli replied, smiling as she took a spoonful of rice.

"That's settled, then. How about the venue? You should decide on that soon, Wangji," Lan Xichen advised, directing his gaze at Lan Zhan.

"Yes, Brother," Lan Zhan answered, while Wei Ying remained quiet, his cheeks flushed from the topic of conversation. His happy pheromones were exuding strongly, and Lan Zhan couldn't help but notice.

Lan Zhan placed his right hand over Wei Ying's left hand on the table, squeezing it gently. He leaned closer to Wei Ying's ear and whispered, "Try to control your pheromones; I can smell your scent strongly, especially since you're right beside me."

Wei Ying looked at him with concern. "Why?" he asked. Lan Zhan's ears turned red.

"Are you okay?" Wei Ying whispered, noticing Lan Zhan's discomfort.

Lan Zhan shook his head slightly to indicate that he wasn't. Wei Ying smirked and removed his hand from the table. He had noticed that Lan Zhan was getting aroused by his teasing. His hand began to slide up Lan Zhan's thigh, causing him to shudder.

Lan Zhan shot Wei Ying a glare but didn't pull away. Instead, he continued to tease him, smirking and licking his lips seductively.

Lan Zhan gasped when Wei Ying moved his hand further up his thigh, feeling his erection straining against his trousers. He tried to maintain his composure, but it was becoming increasingly difficult.

Wei Ying chuckled softly, stifling his laughter as he observed Lan Zhan's predicament. He bit his lower lip to suppress a laugh and whispered, "Sorry," before finally ceasing his teasing.

Lan Zhan's heart pounded, and his breathing was ragged from the unfulfilled desire. Wei Ying had stopped, but the lingering arousal remained.

Without finishing his meal, Lan Zhan excused himself. "Thank you for the meal," he said politely, bowing to everyone.

"You haven't finished your meal, Wangji," Jin Guangyao noted, glancing at Lan Zhan's nearly untouched plate.

"I've eaten enough for now; Wei Ying might need my assistance with Sizhui," Lan Zhan replied with another polite bow.

Lan Xichen shrugged. "Let them be. They must be tired from taking care of Uncle," he said, continuing to enjoy his meal.

"Yes, he's right. We should let them rest," Lan Qiren agreed, and the conversation continued, with everyone engrossed in their own discussions.